Hard Aussie Hounds

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i belive a good staghound can do anything but you cant stick a pig if the dogs havnt got a hold of it and if the dog lets go just befor your about to stick it then your only seconds away from getting a tusk through the legs miles from anywhere all in all if a dog wont lugg up then it anit worth nothin to any seriouse pig hunter

also theres no use lugging up on the back legs that no good for anyone or the dogs things r only ganna get hurt and if u eat the pig or sell it it will wreck the meat

No truer words said, allgame :thumbs:

You running, Staghounds?

ya mate got a bloody good one as hard smart plaicid and fast as they come never put him on a pig but he happly nocks over roo deer and fox on his own and iv hunted with alot of awsome pig dogs bull arabs and bully greys mostly but id happily put him up agianst anything

i belive a good staghound can do anything but you cant stick a pig if the dogs havnt got a hold of it and if the dog lets go just befor your about to stick it then your only seconds away from getting a tusk through the legs miles from anywhere all in all if a dog wont lugg up then it anit worth nothin to any seriouse pig hunter

The Deerhound had hold of that pig long enough to run in and grab the backlegs and flip it, then it could of been stuck. And i never said I was a serious pig hunter

ya mate got a bloody good one as hard smart plaicid and fast as they come never put him on a pig but he happly nocks over roo deer and fox on his own and iv hunted with alot of awsome pig dogs bull arabs and bully greys mostly but id happily put him up agianst anything

Can't fault you. I bought one for a friend in NZ with plans on using him later. Got him from fantastic stock (hunting, highly conformant) from a great guy down in Melbourne. Fella is called Kesper and kennel is Mapleridge. He hunts fox, 'roos etc.

cheers :clapper:

• 1 month later...

Can't fault you. I bought one for a friend in NZ with plans on using him later. Got him from fantastic stock (hunting, highly conformant) from a great guy down in Melbourne. Fella is called Kesper and kennel is Mapleridge. He hunts fox, 'roos etc.

cheers :clapper:

no shit mate. ive just got a deerhound who's bred from a Mapliridge dog and a Belaiche Bitch. he's a bloody ripper. :victory: