Six Circles Hybrid Catapult - American White Oak & Mahogany

Using Jörg Sprave's fantastic low forks from his Six Circles design, along with our tried and tested canted handle we have come up with the Six Circles Hybrid.

Our canted handle takes away the strain usually put on the shooters wrist when firing a standard flat catapult, eliminating the need for a wrist brace and making shooting heavier bands a pleasure to shoot.

The grip has been profiled to to an almost blade like appearance making it extremely easy to replicate your hold of the catapult for every shot fired.

Cross laminated with American White Oak & Mahogany for increased strength, this is the catapult that won't let you down.

Finished in a high quality glossy hard wax oil for water, dirt and scratch protection and fitted with double Theraband Gold hunting bands with a chrome tanned kangaroo leather pouch.

gallery_72152_5997_342900.jpg

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

the burr i use isnt shop bought its what ive sourced myself and is very strong,its hand picked and selected for its strength and is air dryed, a friend of mine makes and sells cattys and he did a video test with theraband gold and the catty in the vice ,it all depends where you get it from ive seen some crap burr but this is sourced by myself :) the stocks are elm :)

the burr i use isnt shop bought its what ive sourced myself and is very strong,its hand picked and selected for its strength and is air dryed, a friend of mine makes and sells cattys and he did a video test with theraband gold and the catty in the vice ,it all depends where you get it from ive seen some crap burr but this is sourced by myself :) the stocks are elm :)

ask your mate if he will put some cattys up that he has made :thumbs:

I understand what you are saying but due to the way the grain runs it is very unpredictable, it may be fine for a few months but it weakens over time. I now no longer sell catapults with the grain just running one way as I've seen the consequences. Cross laminating grains improves the strength of them significantly.

its a catty what you chucking cannon balls ,every one to there own opinion i suppose but i work with wood , i dont sell cattys so its of no consiquence to me but the burr i use isnt what youve probably seen before or ever used and you would need one of mine to test for yourself which your more than welcome to come do to try proof me wrong:) like ive said its hand picked and tested for its strength so i know what they are and they are rock solid, id put 1 of my yew cattys against crossply all day for strength , crossply is fine untill it gets moisture between the glue a natural strag will last a life time outside in all weathers as trees do im not sure crossply is strong as what your saying ,even the marine ply or caravan ply doesent last as long as a piece of natural wood would chemically treated or not ,chuck it outside over winter than chuck a natural out ,bet the natural comes off better shape

I understand what you are saying but due to the way the grain runs it is very unpredictable, it may be fine for a few months but it weakens over time. I now no longer sell catapults with the grain just running one way as I've seen the consequences. Cross laminating grains improves the strength of them significantly.

yeah jim its from same burr i found up woods its not a shop bought one,I fully understand what you are saying about most kiln dryed shop bought burrs,just to cut it was very hard with big 20 inch bench saw,ive found other burrs and they just are not upto the strain like you say but this is not the run of the mill i tested it to the max ,,, and if i shot any wooden catty with a lead shot from ten yards it would smash..or would not be safe to shoot after .. but nothing in hunting with catty is 100% safe .. :) atb micckey
  • 4 weeks later...

Using Jörg Sprave's fantastic low forks from his Six Circles design, along with our tried and tested canted handle we have come up with the Six Circles Hybrid.

Our canted handle takes away the strain usually put on the shooters wrist when firing a standard flat catapult, eliminating the need for a wrist brace and making shooting heavier bands a pleasure to shoot.

The grip has been profiled to to an almost blade like appearance making it extremely easy to replicate your hold of the catapult for every shot fired.

Cross laminated with American White Oak & Mahogany for increased strength, this is the catapult that won't let you down.

Finished in a high quality glossy hard wax oil for water, dirt and scratch protection and fitted with double Theraband Gold hunting bands with a chrome tanned kangaroo leather pouch.

gallery_72152_5997_342900.jpg

i may treat myself and my boy to 2 of these in the next couple of weeks....tell me there's another way of paying other than this pay pal lark??

• Like 1