HFT Shooting At Old Down Pursuits HFT Club With Pianoman, Davy, Si and Helen.

Hi there,

In this episode of VerminHuntersTV I make the 2 ½ hour drive down south to meet up with Davy, Chaz, Phil, Pianoman and his good lady Helen for a days HFT shooting at Old Down Pursuits HFT club in Driffield.

Its always nice to see my friends and this time was no exception.

Helen had only just learnt how to hold and shoot a air rifle for the first time the previous day, and Sunday was her first real run out at shooting a proper HFT course.

Just watch how well she did :icon_eek::toast: .

Some of you guys, myself included better get practising before the June meet or she's going to give us a lesson in shooting we wont forget :yes::blink: .

All credit to the excellent teachings of Pianoman and Davy the day before :censored: .

We start off with a bit of zeroing and target practice on the zero range before going and competing in a friendly HFT competition between ourselves.

In this clip you will see some of the highlights of the day.

No animals were shot in this episode.

Please enjoy.

Si and Davy.

post-2627-0-29128600-1354652044_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well said Simon, My wife was hearing me laughing at some of the cruel banter being expressed on here and on clocking your avatar said--Whoes that chap with the shades? Its not David Soul is it? No jo

She currently googling rifles and pellets like a veteran. Helen is one of those people like, when they get hold of something, they don't stop. She's seriously been smitten. I asked her had she had any

Hi there,   In this episode of VerminHuntersTV I make the 2 ½ hour drive down south to meet up with Davy, Chaz, Phil, Pianoman and his good lady Helen for a days HFT shooting at Old Down Pursuits HF

Posted Images

Cheers Daz and dtw!

Dear Si, Davy.

Thank you two dear lads for turning this into a fun day, we'll never forget. It was so good of you Si mate to drive down and set up and film it all. ! You both made this an amazing weekend of great shooting and fun for us. Helen has joined the forum as "britvicgirl.... I think that is a reference to my years of age!

Between the help and advice of the three of us, she has seriously got the shooting bug biting deep! I don't honestly recall seeing someone soak up so much and put it to work as quickly as she did. Seriously apart, she is a genuine natural talent.

What is telling was, at the end when Davy took his PCP home, he found Helen had been shooting all day on only 4x mag...and the reticle wasn't properly focused! Yet she took down some pretty difficult targets at all ranges.

I have to get more bloody practice in....that's a damm good excuse to be out anyway.

I hope you fellow shooters here enjoy this. It's a record of a great day. And we don't get many of those it seems.

Thank you sincerely Davy and Si, my dear friends, for putting this together for us!

Love from Simon and Helen

Pianoman and britvicgirl

• Like 4

Thanks for the comments everyone.

It was a pleasure to spend the day with you Simon and your lovely partner.

I see Helen being a forced to be reckoned with by June.

I see we are getting slaughtered on the channel already for supposedly unsafe shooting at the start of the clip.

You just cant please some people.

They look for any excuse to bring you down and give you a thumbs down.

Si.

• Like 1

She currently googling rifles and pellets like a veteran. Helen is one of those people like, when they get hold of something, they don't stop. She's seriously been smitten. I asked her had she had any former desire to take up shooting and she said 'No. Always was invisible...Well, she chose a hell of a partner to be quiet Mrs Pianoman!

As for the negative comment? Well screw em! They weren't there to witness shit and I wasn't born in a world that shits itself playing conkers, climbing trees and riding a bike without a bloody suit of plastic armour !!

Thank God!

Who ever that was can kiss my Atack arse and go pester some kid skateboarding off a stairwell rail and land flat on his face!

Simon

• Like 5

D'ta think was a bit much? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

That is a lovely pic you took of me and 'Ol Annie Oakley' Si.

It's time to give poor old Major Konig/Ed Harris his gold watch!

Adam. Buster, thanks for your kind comments fellas.

Davy told me later that, when he cleaned his S410 and checked the scope, Helen had done all her shooting with it on only 4xmag and a unfocused reticle!

I'm very proud of her..and wondering what she could achieve with everything zoomed up and focused!

Thanks again lads.

Simon

Edited by pianoman

What a great clip Si, I've been looking forward to that one since you said you were going to film it. We want more clips with Simon in, get out in the field lads and knock over some bunnies with the famous FAC 80'! :lol:

Keep up the good work, you are all great ambassodors for the sport :thumbs:

• Like 2

Elliott, Aaron thank you.

I would love to get out with Si and Davy on a hunting foray on one of their permissions. My FAC HW80 is a killer of a rat and rabbit/everything rifle but so are all my other rifles. The Air Arms TX200HC I shoot with here is 13 years old and the Bushnell Scopechief 4-14x50mm scope you see on it is the same age. It's a 30/30 reticle, by the way; no mil-dots or ladder-scale "Christmas Tree" SBRC with this optic. Just a fine medium-to-thin crosshair and a bit of trajectory knowledge of my pellet. But it is clear as the day it was made and superbly accurate in zero. Well, enough to keep me apace with Si and Davy.

If the lads are okay with it, I'll gladly take the dear old HW80 out and see what we can bag with it ;)

Cheers gentlemen.

Simon