The hare and the swift hound

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What's up Weasle? Where was I being sly? All I meant was that people who really know coursing dogs, can appreciate better the angles, effort etc they make and get into. Bit like someone who doesn't k

I cannot get it into my small brain lol why people who are supposedly on the same wavelength (hunting) in this instance try and belittle someone or their work who has or does write articles,book/s etc

I've got the book, and I'd say it's more of a "coffee table book"; something to thumb thru' and admire. It's certainly not a reference book, and I doubt it was ever meant to be. I think I paid £35 for

The book is more a work of art, amazing photography...........

I agree. It is not your normal sort of book at all: more for people who really appreciate and understand what a dog can do, and the photography. I was blown away when I first looked at those photos. Trouble is, we get used to amazing photography over the years. How do you go on from something as different as that? IMO Of Dogs and Deer wasn't quite as good, though many of the photographs are still of what I would call 'fine art' standard. Was I just ever so slightly desensitised to the quality, having already see Hare and Swift Hound?

Another sly dig,Ihave a great understanding of what a dog can do,Not through looking at pictures though :laugh:
  • Like 1

I really enjoyed the book the photos are awesome but at the end of the day any book is only a 2 dimensional thing and ive always preferred seeing dogs running on dvd to reading books and thats only a substitute for seeing the real thing which cant be beaten :boogy:

What's up Weasle? Where was I being sly? All I meant was that people who really know coursing dogs, can appreciate better the angles, effort etc they make and get into. Bit like someone who doesn't know the rules of football watching a game: they won't appreciate the efforts made half as much as someone who understands what they are looking at. Why do you always try and make trouble and look for insults where there are none?

• Like 2

I cannot get it into my small brain lol why people who are supposedly on the same wavelength (hunting) in this instance try and belittle someone or their work who has or does write articles,book/s etc for the benefit of fellow hunting enthusiasts? I don't know why they bother? I would just spit my dummy out and say f**k it haha..they must have thick skin that's all I can say :-)

• Like 2

I've got the book, and I'd say it's more of a "coffee table book"; something to thumb thru' and admire. It's certainly not a reference book, and I doubt it was ever meant to be. I think I paid £35 for mine, money well spent in my opinion, but like anything else; it's only worth what YOU want to pay !! :thumbs:

Cheers.

• Like 2

know what you mean the hunting world must be some of the hardest to please and bitchiest fuckers on the planet :laugh: the good comments probably make it worthwhile though theres always going to be jealous snide people who dont have the talent or dedication to produce a book film or whatever who put down those who do sad but true

• Like 1

Where as any one put any one down,He asked for my opion via pm i told him its a nice picture book but not to break the bank for it.

I come and say my piece i don't need to change what i say depending to who i say it too.If you like it good if you don't good.I don't need to be a sycophant

Sky cat Ive seen enough of your little digs to know them,Got nothing to do with causing trouble its just being honest,Thats why you wont see me forgetting what Ive said before. :thumbs:

I've got the book, and I'd say it's more of a "coffee table book"; something to thumb thru' and admire. It's certainly not a reference book, and I doubt it was ever meant to be. I think I paid £35 for mine, money well spent in my opinion, but like anything else; it's only worth what YOU want to pay !! :thumbs:

Cheers.

It contains the best pictures of hares I've seen , the photos are top notch,one of my dogs is in it, which of course is nice for me.I'm glad I own the book. It will appreciate in value , but I'll never sell it.

Edited by inan