10 replies to this topic

#1 diezel1

diezel1

Born Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 09:01 pm

Looking for a box suitable for MHH anyone no what sort of price I'm looking at or anyone selling one Willing to post thanks in advance

#2 charlie caller

charlie caller

Triple Two Fan

• Donator
  • 5,237 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 11:54 am

Pm sent.

#3 diezel1

diezel1

Born Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 04:08 pm

replied

#4 Goshawker1

Goshawker1

Rookie Hunter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 09:13 am

Depends what sort your looking for mate , you can pick up a wooden one cheap enough but I would stay way clear of a wooden box and go for the new type ( plastic). There easier to clean ,last forever and as long as there cleaned properly won't hold any disease !

ATB Mark

#5 charlie caller

charlie caller

Triple Two Fan

• Donator
  • 5,237 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 12:55 pm

Depends what sort your looking for mate , you can pick up a wooden one cheap enough but I would stay way clear of a wooden box and go for the new type ( plastic). There easier to clean ,last forever and as long as there cleaned properly won't hold any disease !

ATB Mark

AND neither will a good quality wood one, as wood produces its own antibacterial properties,ALA butchers blocks! oh and you wont get your trowsers taken down for a plastic one either.

#6 Goshawker1

Goshawker1

Rookie Hunter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 10:30 pm

Each to there own mate but I wouldnt put my stuffed hawk in one never mind my pride and joy!!

Edited by Goshawker1, 29 November 2012 - 10:30 pm.

#7 charlie caller

charlie caller

Triple Two Fan

• Donator
  • 5,237 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 09:29 am

Each to there own mate but I wouldnt put my stuffed hawk in one never mind my pride and joy!!

Amazing then how generations of hawks and falcons have survived the perils of a wooden box,just dont know how we managed.

#8 Goshawker1

Goshawker1

Rookie Hunter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 04:44 pm

Amazing then how generations of hawks and falcons have survived the perils of a wooden box,just dont know how we managed.

Mate I haven't a box to sell so I have nothing to gain from saying one is better than the other,this is just my opinion which I am entitled too ! You have PM Diezel1 so am I right in thinking you have a wooden one to sell him????

ATB Mark

#9 charlie caller

charlie caller

Triple Two Fan

• Donator
  • 5,237 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 10:58 am

Mate I haven't a box to sell so I have nothing to gain from saying one is better than the other,this is just my opinion which I am entitled too ! You have PM Diezel1 so am I right in thinking you have a wooden one to sell him????

ATB Mark

As a matter of fact,no I have not,I have offered,should he like, to make him a bespoke wooden one,no skin off my nose if the guy buys one or not, what I dont like to see is people having their legs lifted,buying the super duper, all the rage plastic ones for around a £100, I am also entitled to my opinion,and I dont like the plastic ones,even the name plastic,suggests inferior goods, in the same way I am not a fan of plastic rifle stocks,much prefering a nice peice of wood,with warmth and feeling to it,but as you said each to his own,just as I prefer leather anklets on a bird rather than nylon.

Edited by charlie caller, 01 December 2012 - 11:00 am.

#10 Goshawker1

Goshawker1

Rookie Hunter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 01:43 pm

Have to agree with you one that one ,only the best Kangaroo leather for anklets on my birds !

#11 charlie caller

charlie caller

Triple Two Fan

• Donator
  • 5,237 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 08:27 pm

Have to agree with you one that one ,only the best Kangaroo leather for anklets on my birds !

Kangaroo RUBBISH only yak leather for me, :thumbs: just kidding dude, yep I agree nice one.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users