Hunting Calibre??

Jezza42

Hi Guys

No doubt this question has arisen many times before but as im new here ill start another discussion for myself to gather opinions.

What is your preferred airgun calibre for hunting in sub 12ft/lbs and why?? :hmm:

Thanks guys

ATB :thumbs:

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

oh i dunno, i find .22 very dramatick therefore a bit drag queenie'ish lmao!   .177 has that dashingly hansom penash of the manly world

.............................. .http://bit.ly/V4G7lP

i always hunt calibers at night, seems they dont runnabout so much...

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Your right :yes: it's asked at least 5times daily.

However it matters not what size the chunk'o'lead used, it matters much more; that you can put said lump'o'lead in the spot that is needed in order to achieve the desired outcome.

However I use .22 for FIVE reasons:-

One it takes a more accurate shooter to cope with the greater arc of the trajectory (awaits the incomming flack from the .177 guy's and girls) .

Two it moves slower and so delivers more kinetic energy to the CNS of the quarry.

Three it makes a fecking big hole in the quarry, thus more damage and larger area to bleed from.

Four bigger pellets make it easier to handle with fat fingers, especially in the cold.

Five, because every gun I've purchased for hunting just happened to be .22 at the time of purchase. Maybe if I had enough money to buy brand new, then I may have had a .177 (but I doubt it!)

Pistol wise however I've only had one .22 cal because they are few and far between.

.177 happens to be lighter so requires a faster velocity to achieve a specific ft/lbs.

This means that because of the smaller mass and surface area of the lump'o'lead it has greater penatration and a flatter trajectory arc.

The pellets also are cheaper.

Tony