Vizsla

Hungarian Visula are working dog in their own right ! Why on earth should they be introduced into Lurcher lines ?? What can they add or improve ??

Cheers.

your right charti they would add nothing ;)

Why, thank you Mr. Hog !! Very rare you agree with me !! LOL !! :thumbs:

Cheers.

Hungarian Visula are working dog in their own right ! Why on earth should they be introduced into Lurcher lines ?? What can they add or improve ??

Cheers.

your right charti they would add nothing ;)

Why, thank you Mr. Hog !! Very rare you agree with me !! LOL !! :thumbs:

Cheers.

:laugh: :laugh: well they you go miracles can happen ;)
  • Like 1

Better nose and brain than say a whippet, deerhound, and god knows how many other breeds incorporated into lurchers over the years, all gundog breeds in my opinion have something to offer, also vislas/pointers/weimaraners already have a racy shape.

Im sorry but good lurcher lines dont need gun dog breeds jmo
  • Like 1

Better nose and brain than say a whippet, deerhound, and god knows how many other breeds incorporated into lurchers over the years, all gundog breeds in my opinion have something to offer, also vislas/pointers/weimaraners already have a racy shape.

Some of the dogs that pass as lurchers today would benefit from an infusion of decent gundog blood.

Some of the dogs that pass as lurchers today would benefit from an infusion of decent gundog blood.

Im not quite sure what your saying here feller but i personally wouldn't want any gun dog blood in my dogs. They dont have anything that cant be gained from other breeds. And what do you mean by "dogs that pass as lurchers today" ?

Im not quite sure what your saying here feller but i personally wouldn't want any gun dog blood in my dogs. They dont have anything that cant be gained from other breeds. And what do you mean by "dogs that pass as lurchers today" ?

Gundogs don't have anything that can't be gained from other breeds?. Nose, coat, natural retrievers, hunting ability, water work can all come in one infusion from a gundog, can't think of another breed or type that offer all of the above in one go.

Dogs that pass as lurchers today, well I'm thinking the big skinny type that don't put their nose to the ground, don't retrieve and stand over their catch, dogs that are basically used as point and fire types, the kind that belong to people who use a gundog to do the hunting and flushing for them rather than being capable of doing itself.

Gundogs don't have anything that can't be gained from other breeds?. Nose, coat, natural retrievers, hunting ability, water work can all come in one infusion from a gundog, can't think of another breed or type that offer all of the above in one go.

Dogs that pass as lurchers today, well I'm thinking the big skinny type that don't put their nose to the ground, don't retrieve and stand over their catch, dogs that are basically used as point and fire types, the kind that belong to people who use a gundog to do the hunting and flushing for them rather than being capable of doing itself.

if all these advantages you mention ,were of any use in a lurcher ,the mix would be popular . and it isnt , a good mooching dog will do all you mention ,and few if any have gundog breed in them ;)

imo if a bull terrier or a collie can be so successful in a lurcher breeding when they are not hunting breeds then there is no reason why an out and out hunting dog cant be.........some breeds are bred in and then bred back out to get "raciness" in lurchers..... in sweden they use weimaraners alot for hunting shot deer, as not only can they hunt them they can hold them for the hunter while a hound type bays to bring the hunter in....... this video shows them hunting roe and they aint doing a bad job..........

if this type of animal was available then it might be worth a punt!! would i breed them.......NO........... would i buy a pup...........NO.............. would i be interested to see the pups when workers.........YES!!!!!

to say a breed thats been bred specifically for use in hunting would be no use in a lurcher is silly imo.........but at the same time to say they would be better than what we already have would be equally as daft lol............. :thumbs:

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

hi, i have a vizsla. i was thinking of crossing her with my friends saluki greyhound, me and my friends go ferreting and lamping etc.. but recentley i have been taking her out coursing and i realised that when we have slipped a lurcher and her at the same time, she is getting them. she is only a small bitch but is very fast and keeps up with the dog that me and my friends take out. i was just wondering what the pups would look like if i did decide to breed her with the saluki greyhound? and to the people saying it would add nothing it would add inteligence and a hunting instinct and i think they could make good ferreting pups