Nite Site Or Nite Sh*te

Hi . . Wanting peoples views on the ns50 only please . . . As i have had three in the last 6 months . . The picture is brilliant, and the range is excellent i can see upto 100yards some nights and the overall idea is good ,but i cant help but think although its cheaper than most night vision systems its over priced for the quality of build you get . . The first one i had , had a dark dot in the screen like pressure had been put on it also the connection from the mains plug to the battery was poor , if i moved the wire it would light up as if fully charged and if i moved it again it would light as if it was charging . Sent it back and recieved a new one from nite site . I thought brill !!! Untill i went out for the first night and it packed in without any knocks or bangs and nothing wrong with fuses . . Again sent back and nite site said it was the l.e.d illuminator that had packed up . . . By this point im pretty p***ed off as ive just spent 400 notes and have nothing to show for it . . Any how recieved another 2 days later. First few outings i thought brill this is great ! Then black ! Nothin again ,had a look at all connections and one had come off the battery . . . Would have thought it would have been soldered or bolted nope just a 3p crimp connector . . W**nk !

Im prob just unlucky but i do believe the build quality is poor for the money . .

Btw nite site are excellent and did there best to help and solve problems asap.

What are your views. .

No tw**s please this is my opinion

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^not that your biased in any way shape or form eh

Get a pulsar N550 , no trouble with that .........

Nothing is perfect, but you have to look at this in the real world, comparing it with things that cost 2x 3x 4x or more expensive is daft, and frankly THEY are well overpriced, so why is it just NiteS

I have had one of the first ones that came out for sale nearly a year ago now and i'm sorry to say it that mine has only had one small problem. The only problem i have had was the switch ontop of the screen fall apart, which was repaired and returned with 1 day turnaround. So all in all the Nite-Site gets a thumbs up from me.

ATVB

Roger

I'd rather save up for a pulsar. I've seen better diy setups than the nite site for a fraction of the price.

Customer service had better be top notch if you've parted with 400 smackers the bulk of which, it has to be presumed, is pure profit. Or 'profiteering' as appears more accurate.

I have a Nite Site NS50, mine seems ok, so far! Not had any reliability or battery problems. Yes they are spade end terminals, just look in your car if you want to see a load of those being used, bet the car cost a blasted site more than the NS unit did. If you want to you can solder the terminals into position, but as long as they are push on properly there is no problem with them!

I am using the original lead brick supplied with my unit, which is my only real gripe with the initial system, the battery. Hello Nite Site, there are other cheaper and more person friendly power sources than this block of acid filled lead! Try looking on ebay for something lighter, which also has a greater operational power time, like some of the nice Lithium batteries!

I had one and its performance was good..

I think its a great idea just could have been done better... ie the battery is a house brick! and you can get the lithium ones for less than £20 ... so why not include a lithium one instead? most people buy the lithium battery and use it as an alternative.

The camera focus can only be changed by childs fingers and the mounts to the scope arnt the best also you have to wrap the connection cables round the scope otherwise they hang down and catch on everything.

But

It works and its cheaper than other NV scopes and its ideal for airguns.

Like i say it was good but i wont be having another

ATB

Adam

Nothing is perfect, but you have to look at this in the real world, comparing it with things that cost 2x 3x 4x or more expensive is daft, and frankly THEY are well overpriced, so why is it just NiteSite that is attracting pricing attention.

It is probably the best, most versatile and cheapest systems on the market and has brought Night Vision into the realms of many more people.

Sure you can can build your own night vision, you can build your own kit car, install your own central heating, etc etc, but there are those that chose not to.

NiteSite have a first class product, there are improvements that can, and I'm sure will be made in time, but for the moment we are where we are, and it isn't a bad place. :thumbs:

• Like 1

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^not that your biased in any way shape or form eh

Nope, it is well known that I sell NiteSite, and the reason that I sell them is that they are an excellent product, I spent several months looking at them and researching before I took the product on.

Their reliability, backup and service are first class, the product offers exceptional performance and price, and the products sells well. ...and if anyone is actually interested they are made in England.

The vast majority of people who have them find them excellent, but as I have already said, nothing is perfect and nothing stands still, the product will evolve, making an already great product better ! :yes:

Trust me the profit margin in both % and cash terms is higher on most other Night Vision! :yes::thumbs:

There is but one real problem with the Nite Site...

OK, so you have been out and blown £400 of your hard earned notes on an NS50 or £600 on an NS200, you have a new problem now, it is known as a lead brick. The original battery that comes with the unit has a weight of 3lb (or 1.361 kg), is the size of an ornamental paving brick and has an operational cycle of about 3.3 hours from charged to empty.

We have a solution for this. From ebay you can get batteries from £15 (delivered by Mr Hong of the Three Jolly Luck Takewaway Fishbar, Kowloon), these are lithium polymer and are a bit of a difference in weight. They weigh a mere 6 ounces (or 0.171kg) and have an operational cycle of about 6.8 hours from charged to empty. The difference in size makes these truly pocket sized...

DSC00006.jpg

DSC00007.jpg

DSC00008.jpg

DSC00010.jpg

DSC00012.jpg

They come complete with a charger that switches off the charging when the cycle is complete and a handy on/off switch so you do not have to keep ratcheting that knob on the top of the unit round if you are switching on and off! All in all a very useful addition to anybody's Nite Site outfit!

http://www.ebay.co.u...d=p5197.c0.m627