Aviary Floor And Question's

Here is my only picture for today..and this picture certainly pick's the wheat from the chaff.. :yes: ..i did not have a clue about the different kind's of food or drinker's and Fireman could of palmed me of with anything and i would still of been happy with the chin wag and what i had been given.. ;) ..but as you can see that is not the case..i got a mixture of thing's and a in depth explanation on how to mix it..(but i forgot) :icon_redface: ..

The bird's are all fine and in the garage for tonight as i arrived home when it was dark but what little beauties they are. :boogy: .and one of the 2 X mule goldies even managed to knock a few tune's out to the radio on the way home in the car..which i kept turning the radio down for so i could listen..

I will get more pic's up when the time is right..and hat's of to fireman everyone.. :yes: :yes: :yes: ..

finches009_zpsad55e63f.jpg

• Like 6

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here is a few pic's from today...i have opened the two flight's up next to each other so they have more room to fly about.. .     Two mule Goldies and a irish fancy hen on the teazel     Lu

Here's a pic or two showing a exstention i added to my aviary and the roof bit i left open and this i'm splitting in two and then i'll be changing the layout of the rest of it by spring next year and

This is where i am upto for now..doing it on my own does not help and these dark night's are a ball ache when you want to crack on..not too worry though i will get there in the end..  

No worries mate and like i said if it were a puppy i'd give you a puppy pack of whats it's used to so the birds get the same :thumbs: ,then no worries with change of diet,they know where the water is,just sit back and enjoy them mate,you deserve it :victory:

• Like 1

Looking good Millet. I would add more greenery, a couple of potted conifers and also a flat, shallow bowl on the floor in each flight for the birds to bathe in. They like to bathe each day. Don't get bogged down with over-complicating feeding....a standard british finch mix is as good as anything to start with, i used to just add a dash of conditioner and some wild stuff to it during the winter weather.

A great thread.....I miss my aviaries... :cray:

Very true with keeping it simple Darcy :yes: and it may look like i've given him a over complicated feeding mission but it just covers the different birds he has and mixed all together it'll cover them all.I just buy the different seeds seperate as some seeds are eaten less than others and i've just learnt how much of each they leave behind so mix it myself to save waiste,but as it goes i did get a phone call off a pal who lives close to Millet when he was here and we were told of a very good finch mix that will do his birds well and i'd say he'll be changing over to that in time as it's obtainable close to him.Like i say i just gave him what i've been feeding them here so all they have to deal with is the move and feeding isn't a worry for him or his birds,as for a bird bath i've given him a idea or two for that ;) so no doub't we'll be seeing one in there soon enough :thumbs:

• Like 1

I remember your Aviaries Darcy they where good with that stream running through.. i was going to copy it but i changed my mind.. :thumbs: ..

The food i will be giving them for now is what i have been given and told what to do with it..Fireman has some cracking bird's and all in cracking condition so if that mix seem's to work for him it will do me fine.. :yes: ..i put a make shift bath in this morning after i seen the hen canary trying to get a bath in the water feeder.. :D:thumbs:

• Like 1

Very true with keeping it simple Darcy :yes: and it may look like i've given him a over complicated feeding mission but it just covers the different birds he has and mixed all together it'll cover them all.I just buy the different seeds seperate as some seeds are eaten less than others and i've just learnt how much of each they leave behind so mix it myself to save waiste,but as it goes i did get a phone call off a pal who lives close to Millet when he was here and we were told of a very good finch mix that will do his birds well and i'd say he'll be changing over to that in time as it's obtainable close to him.Like i say i just gave him what i've been feeding them here so all they have to deal with is the move and feeding isn't a worry for him or his birds,as for a bird bath i've given him a idea or two for that ;) so no doub't we'll be seeing one in there soon enough :thumbs:

No probs, it was just a suggestion..... :victory:

• Like 1

And no offence taken Darcy :thumbs: ,some folks go with nature and feed a basic food stuff as in nature at this time of year it's hard seed only and even that's limited but i go along the lines of winter is the hardest time for any birds and our captive ones only get what we give them so to try to cover all their needs i give them the same diet as it summer bar the wild food as it's not so in abundance in the winter.It's just how i do it and is neither right or wrong and that's one thing about "the fancy" we all do things a little different and learn from each other so use each other tips and ideas and as long as it's for the benefit of our birds then job is a good un :victory:

Here is a few pic's from today...i have opened the two flight's up next to each other so they have more room to fly about.. :thumbs: .

newbirds044_zps628cb9e0.jpg

Two mule Goldies and a irish fancy hen on the teazel

newbirds002_zpsee221cab.jpg

Lutino Greeny

newbirds032_zpsb76c543d.jpg

Redpoll's

newbirds028_zps0502ea26.jpg

Group shot

newbirds022_zpsdd3d051a.jpg

• Like 6