Aviary Floor And Question's

a wierd but true story for yees...

ended up having a free afternoon today as some plans had fell throo, so my lad been pestering me for a while now to make him a catapult, i have got him 1 here that i got off the bay, for crimbo milbro i think its called, he dont know so wants to make 1. anyways we get the lurchers an my wee folding saw an head over the woods, we had a quick search in the woods an found nowt, then the dogs put summat out of cover an coursed it across a field,s o we headed after them to see if we could see what they was chasing an they was marking a fox earth in a hedge we have had a few foxes out in the past. i get down to have a look at the well trodden entrance an summat catches me eye further up the hedge, i walk along the ditch that runs along the hedge an about 15 yards up from the for earth just sitting there is a wee sparrowhawk, i climbed in the hedge an picked it up not a problem, took it out into the field where me lad was waiting, showed him it an we stood there for about 3 mins, with it sitting on my hand, it then ruffles its feathers an just took off an vanished up the hedge, my lad was well impressed, it was a really coulerfull bird, real bluey on the back an orangey under the chin an that, not like may of the ones iv looked at on google images, why are some more colourfull that others?? is it just a case of they are ?? lol or is to do with age or summat?

i know they can be pests to folk with birds an bird tables even, but by fook a nice un is a crackin lookin bird, im half tempted to get 1 :icon_redface:

• Like 2

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here is a few pic's from today...i have opened the two flight's up next to each other so they have more room to fly about.. .     Two mule Goldies and a irish fancy hen on the teazel     Lu

Here's a pic or two showing a exstention i added to my aviary and the roof bit i left open and this i'm splitting in two and then i'll be changing the layout of the rest of it by spring next year and

This is where i am upto for now..doing it on my own does not help and these dark night's are a ball ache when you want to crack on..not too worry though i will get there in the end..  

That will be a second or third year Musket (male) scum bag ..very nice to look at but hard to keep and hunt with unless you know what you are doing..the weight management has to be bang on and if you make a mistake he will be dead on the next frosty morning.. :yes: ..

If i had found that little fellow so easy as you did..i would of took him home and fed him up for a few day's as he sure is as weak as fook if he sat on your arm..probably dead now but you where not to know.. :thumbs:

Millet, Will you be having some breeding cages set up as well?

TUFFTY

No Mate.. well not at the moment anyway as i don't like seeing bird's in cage's unless they are ill..or getting rehomed..time will tell.. :thumbs:

• Like 1

Millet, Will you be having some breeding cages set up as well?

TUFFTY

No Mate.. well not at the moment anyway as i don't like seeing bird's in cage's unless they are ill..or getting rehomed..time will tell.. :thumbs:

Thats what i was thinking of mate,

Hospital cage and cages for youngens if needed to be seperated later on in the breeding season :thumbs:

TUFFTY

That will be a second or third year Musket (male) scum bag ..very nice to look at but hard to keep and hunt with unless you know what you are doing..the weight management has to be bang on and if you make a mistake he will be dead on the next frosty morning.. :yes: ..

If i had found that little fellow so easy as you did..i would of took him home and fed him up for a few day's as he sure is as weak as fook if he sat on your arm..probably dead now but you where not to know.. :thumbs:

fookin hell mate, ye just put a dampner on a good memory :blink: i wont tell that to me lad tho :whistling: i know just from reading bits an bats on here that they aint for the newbie or inexperienced, i wouldnt take 1 on without a good mentor an a bit of experience on an easier bird to keep, but thats just all nice thoughts just now, i got dogs an ferrets that need pushed to see what they capable of for the forseeable future :D

• Like 2

fookin hell mate, ye just put a dampner on a good memory :blink: i wont tell that to me lad tho :whistling: i know just from reading bits an bats on here that they aint for the newbie or inexperienced, i wouldnt take 1 on without a good mentor an a bit of experience on an easier bird to keep, but thats just all nice thoughts just now, i got dogs an ferrets that need pushed to see what they capable of for the forseeable future :D

this may sound daft but even if you had taken it home and had managed to fill its crop as soon as it started to get stronger it may well of died from stress, ive flown a few muskets and even imprints are nervy little things. you did the right thing if it was ment to survive it will do :thumbs: