Bringing on an older dog.

I wouldnt take on an older dog, unless I knew the owner and knew EXACTLY what I was getting. been there got the tee shirt so to speak... but, I got my shotgun cartridges for free back then!

I'd expect any 2 year old lurcher to have a fair bit of work under its belt, untried at 2 years dont sound good to me! Personally, I would avoid.

DnN

I wouldnt take on an older dog, unless I knew the owner and knew EXACTLY what I was getting. been there got the tee shirt so to speak... but, I got my shotgun cartridges for free back then!

I'd expect any 2 year old lurcher to have a fair bit of work under its belt, untried at 2 years dont sound good to me! Personally, I would avoid.

DnN

The person that has the dog is not or has never been interested in working the dog. so its just been a pet all its life. make a difference rather than a dog that has done the odd bit of mooching?

Even worse mate. Is it stock broken, trained, used to jumping? theres a whole world of lessons and experiences that dog has missed out on during its most important time in life. I would no way even contemplate a trial with it, too much of a gamble for me, and with the ammount of scooling and training it would require, be a far safer option to source a good pup and give yourself a real chance.

• 2 weeks later...

why dont you take the dog on trial basis for the hole day and see what his personality is like take it out on the leed see how reacts towards other dogs cows sheep ect ithink you will a fair idea of the dog at the end of the day he could be awell behaved dog in which its just down to bonding and put ing plenty of work in front of him and if its a head case just take it back it hasent cost you anythink :thumbs: good look what ever you decide ATB tony