Scopes £ vs Quality

Had a meopro and took it back wthout even mounting it, looked through it side by side and the Burris was better. No way i would spend £500 on a Meopta when the same money could buy a second hand Swaro or S&B, they are not even close.

Rubbish

Yours must have been faulty mate, beleive me, they are better than Burris,

And as for second hand

£500 will buy a good zoom 50mm Meopta, ,, find me a zoom 50mm Swaro for that cash bud, preferably one that isn`t 25 yrs old and been on some hill stalkers rifle dragged through the countryside.

A Meopta Artemis 7x50 can be had for £200

The one i looked through when i returned it must have been faulty too then, Meoptas and duralyts most overrated scopes ever. Just as good as German glass, like f**k.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You can get a Zeiss conquest for around 550 to 600 pound. And there superb. Scopes like night force and khales are alot more. You will be surprized what the gunshop make on scopes these days. 1800 fo

basically in most products today you are paying for the name, such as clothing and things. however with scopes your not. your cheaper scopes are good for air rifles. but when you get upto the bigger c

Meopta Yours for around £400 / £500   Every bit as good as German glass.

Had a meopro and took it back wthout even mounting it, looked through it side by side and the Burris was better. No way i would spend £500 on a Meopta when the same money could buy a second hand Swaro or S&B, they are not even close.

Rubbish

Yours must have been faulty mate, beleive me, they are better than Burris,

And as for second hand

£500 will buy a good zoom 50mm Meopta, ,, find me a zoom 50mm Swaro for that cash bud, preferably one that isn`t 25 yrs old and been on some hill stalkers rifle dragged through the countryside.

A Meopta Artemis 7x50 can be had for £200

The one i looked through when i returned it must have been faulty too then, Meoptas and duralyts most overrated scopes ever. Just as good as German glass, like f**k.

Aren't duralyts made by zeiss in germany?

There is such alot of snobbery on most forums when it comes to optics.

But to be fair, theres alot less on this forum than some others...

I've got a £200 quid Hawke scope on my .204 cf and it performs great! Accurate (.6" at 100 yards with factory rounds all day long) Had a few knocks but not lost it's zero. And is good enough for my needs at night. Would i prefer a £2k scope on it, probably? Could i afford to go out and buy one for each of my rifles? without being bigheaded, yes i could. Would i? No chance!

I have no doubt the glass and quality are alot better. But i wouldn't spend and extra £1800 per rifle, just to give me 45 minutes longer shooting when it's getting dark or 45 minutes extra when it's getting light in the morning.

Horses for courses. Just try not to be swayed by the people who say they have a wardrobe full of £200 scopes as they broke or were crap!

Just another opinion..... :yes:

+1 well said

Edited by foxshooter69

Jamie Q is on the money with the zesis conquest range, good positive tracking, great in low light, and at a good keen price,

if your looking at foxing at any decent distance, and deer in low light then you will need a quality optic,

and if you cant afford one wait until you can, if you cant see it you cant hit it,

zesis, doctor, leupold, swaro, kahales, all great scopes, i have the leupold 6.5x20x50 LRT/M1 cost over double the zesis conquest and i'd rate them the same

find out what suit your eye, and try, also invest in quality mounts, and you have a setup you can relay on,

of course this is my opinion,

all the best with your .243 great round..

Snap.

sent you a pm offering to let you have a play with my swaro but you never replied,not even a no thanks

Sorry mate should have replied to you sooner, yeah any help and advise I can get so if the offers still open could possibly get over your way on sunday?

sent you a pm offering to let you have a play with my swaro but you never replied,not even a no thanks

Sorry mate should have replied to you sooner, yeah any help and advise I can get so if the offers still open could possibly get over your way on sunday?

There is such alot of snobbery on most forums when it comes to optics.

But to be fair, theres alot less on this forum than some others...

I've got a £200 quid Hawke scope on my .204 cf and it performs great! Accurate (.6" at 100 yards with factory rounds all day long) Had a few knocks but not lost it's zero. And is good enough for my needs at night. Would i prefer a £2k scope on it, probably? Could i afford to go out and buy one for each of my rifles? without being bigheaded, yes i could. Would i? No chance!

I have no doubt the glass and quality are alot better. But i wouldn't spend and extra £1800 per rifle, just to give me 45 minutes longer shooting when it's getting dark or 45 minutes extra when it's getting light in the morning.

Horses for courses. Just try not to be swayed by the people who say they have a wardrobe full of £200 scopes as they broke or were crap!

Just another opinion..... :yes:

yet you don't see many cheap scopes at competition level.if you want to hit a fox at 200 yds go cheap if you want to hit rabbits at 600 yds spend the do.

i grew up on my council estate ,only had one holiday in ten years dress like a gypo but i will spend 2k on a scope i'm no snob just enjoy hitting what i aim at at longer ranges.

you get what you pay for and its not just extended light but repeatable turrets wider field of view lifetime guarantee crisper clicks ect.

Edited by zx10mike
  • Like 1

personally i'd go for varaible mag, as you wanna be able to zoom in on long range critters......

Snap.

Its going on a 243 for deer/ fox no need for variable, second hand or new Swaro or S&B, no fannying about, point and shoot.

Ha ha, don't you just love forums...... :thumbs:

Scopes and reticles just get so personal, whichever way you want to look at it. :yes:

The S&B has a well deserved reputation, but I take foxes and deer from probably about 10-250 yards, so, variable works for me! :thumbs:

The reasons I suggest fixed is there's no playing to be done with variable zoom or parallax. The vast majority of the foxes I've shot has been on 8x. It'll also be cheaper that a lot of comparable variables. Plus if an 8x56 S&B is bought in good condition and looked after, it's about as hard to sell on again as the winning Lotto numbers - once it's sensibly priced on both transactions. Use a light round for Mr Fox and it'll be a nice flat shooter as well.

I miss my speelcheeker, this Chrome thing sucks.

Again

reading through a few posts its down to personal choice, i have drop tables printed for fox rounds and fixed to scope to once i range i can dial in the shot,

a fox at over 350 yards isn't gonna be to worried about the lamp most of the time, unless its really lamp shy, so it does give you time to adjust focus, and dial up..

Again this routine works for me so why change...??

Try before you buy is the key to finding out what features you like in a scope...

buy once cry once is the saying i always use...

atb..

Snap.