Sign in to follow this  
stubby

what species of deer is this?

Really don't you think the angle of the brow tines and its ear carriage and the lack of a frown just scream out fallow

norweigen [spelling] fallow buck not many in uk few round south cumbria borders

Eh???

so called deer expert :huh:

the only wild examples are found on the Cumbria-Lancashire border from a small herd in woodland near Silverdale and Arnside is home to a small herd of very handsome Norwegian black fallow deer

Edited by saluki bull2

norweigen [spelling] fallow buck not many in uk few round south cumbria borders

Eh???

so called deer expert :huh:

the only wild examples are found on the Cumbria-Lancashire border from a small herd in woodland near Silverdale and Arnside is home to a small herd of very handsome Norwegian black fallow deer

Well....funny thing, I never realised that Fallow were indigenous to Norway. :icon_eek:

'Cos, if they aren't then there can't be anything such as a "norwegian fallow"...only fallow that have been imported from Norway and are the very same as what we have running around in the uk..... :bye:

Ergo, that photo is of a melanistic fallow, plain and simple.

Edited by J Darcy

And what do the experts say this one is ?

ham_7303.jpg

Well, I'm not an expert, but If i had to guess I'd say Rusa......

there are only two indigionous to this country they are the two Rs...roe and sika

Well I didnt no that 2 Ehh youlive and learn something every day I was always told the only indigenous species was Capreolus Capreolus. thanks for that..

Cheers Stu

there are only two indigionous to this country they are the two Rs...roe and sika

I think you mean Roe and Red are the 2 indigenous species on our shores . Sika are Japanese.

• Like 2

I think you mean Roe and Red are the 2 indigenous species on our shores . Sika are Japanese.

Ahhh So

:yes::D