hawk aviary

12 x 8 would be fine! useing 8 x 4 ply sheets or sterling board, you could then open up a window at one end of side corner, to be Honest I would'nt use any sort of wire for the window! the best thing I have found is steel galvinised conduit from electrical suppliers, you can then cut verticle bars the length you want useing a disc cutter and place them somewhere around 4 inches apart, the Bars I use are 22mm.

The good thing about Bars is they don't damage feathers or themselves like they can with wire or even plastic coated wire, the verticle Bars also gives them nothing to hang onto, in the pic is the Bars I use on all the Imprint pens.

For the roof you won't go far wrong than the netting they use on the Landfill sites to keep the litter on site, its cracking stuff that won't damage your bird as there is always plenty of give...

Cheers

Jasper

post-251-1183159191_thumb.jpg

post-251-1183159247.jpg

Thats a lovelly tidy set up Fletch very nice :clapper:, its like Buckingham palace compared to my aviaries :thumbs:

ferreterwithnets

If you can build one like Fletchers above you won't go far wrong mate, it also looks very nice and tidy.....

Cheers

Jasper

Thanks, it's not quite as tidy during the moult but as soon as he's on the bow at the beginning of the season it'll get a lick of paint, there's a possibility we'll be moving house later in the year so it looks like I'm gonna have to do it all again. :doh:

Edited by Fletcher