New Baby Weihrauch has arrived!! Both of us doing well!!

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Gentlemen.   Well Friday afternoon I was over at RED BECK shooting supplies near Wakefield to collect my new Weihrauch HW97KT .177 rifle. You chaps who own and know these rifles need no further endo

Simon, if you do decide you prefer the sporter stock I have my HW77K's stock kicking about in the back of the shed that you can have for nowt if you're willing to pay the postage?   It was a bit rou

I enjoyed that write up, sounds like an awesome rifle. Glad to see you are still a springer enthusiast, us older Airgunners where afterall weaned on them, in fact never got my first PCP until 2005 and

I may yet change the thumbhole stock for the HW97's Bavarian sporter version or an HW77 stock. I haven't shot with a pistol grip on a rifle since my military service years. I'll see how I get used to it. But if you like shooting a spring rifle, you'll love this

Simon, if you do decide you prefer the sporter stock I have my HW77K's stock kicking about in the back of the shed that you can have for nowt if you're willing to pay the postage?

It was a bit rough when I got it so I sanded it down and had is stained. Turned out darker than expected but its still a half decent stock

http://i863.photobucket.com/albums/ab192/elliott_g/IMG00160-20101016-1240.jpg

http://i863.photobucket.com/albums/ab192/elliott_g/FinishedHW77KStock.jpg

ATB

Edited by Elliott
  • Like 3

Try Daystate Li's Simon at 7.9 gr fast and light,

My Mk 2 Rapid .177 cal only likes Bisley Magnums and Daystate Li's one at 7.9 gr the other at 10. + gr :icon_eek::icon_redface:.

atvb Daz 7.

Thanks mate. I will Daz courtesy of Elliott who's kindly sending me some to test. I'm delighted with the performance of Bisley Magnums with this 97KT.

On a windless day I'll test all these pellets out to 60 metres and see how well they fly over that distance.

Take care mate.

Simon

Aye, they are 14.3grain .22 cal mind :thumbsup: Should be there by now though :(

Edited by Elliott

Elliott you're on! Tell me what you want for postage! Do you still have butt pad, grip cap and spacers? Thanks so much dear fellow!

Simon

That'll sort it's balance out for you, Simon, and also correct it's trigger reach issue. The stock that's on it now feels like it's set for a junior or a lass, the pistol grip's far too small, not the right fit at all. Nice one, Elliott. :victory:

Edited by andyfr1968
  • Like 1

Ok Lewis I'll let you know if I choose to sell it. ;)

It is an immaculate, unblemished thumbhole stock. I would have to see what these cost brand new and work out the selling price; OR see if there's someone out there with a left handed or neutral HW97/HW77 stock who might want to trade. I'm not certain this is the stock for my requirements from my shooting or that there is a pressing reason why I should change it. It is far from uncomfortable to shoot with. It is a beautifully well made stock but, it seems a tad small for me. We'll see Lewis before I make a decision on it.

Hi Andy Just what I was thinking! Ultimately, I'd go for the HW97 or HW77 Bavarian sporter which is more of a traditional stock I'm used to and one I prefer to thumbholes. Looking at Elliott's HW77 stock, I think that will make a fine stock for my immediate needs!

Simon

Edited by pianoman

nice one, on the new baby pianoman fella ;)

might try some bis mags in mine see how they get on. :thumbs:

Cheers Skott I was wondering if you would note this about Bisley Magnum. Go try them; they might be just what your HW97 loves too!

I like this Irish lad. His shooting is spot on and his narrative is very informative. :thumbs:

I went over to RED BECK this afternoon for more tins of Bisley Magnum 4.51mm.

And also, I bought a tin of WEIHRAUCH MAGNUM 4.51. These are infact, H&N BARACUDA which, I understand, are BISLEY MAGNUM under another name....

Are they any different? Will they perform with consistent accuracy from the same rifle as well as the original BisMags I used? Or are they pants but look the same? We'll see when I test them!

What a bloody faff ammo can be!

Simon

Edited by pianoman

Well simon you,v finnaly got her mate im made up for you bud as one that knows how thease rifles feel and handle and the way they shoot, O how they shoot it will be an asset to your collection and in your hands will be a very accurate rifle in both hunting and field targgets all i can say now is enjoy mate enjoy :toast: :toast: :toast: :toast: :toast: atvbmac

• Like 1