New Baby Weihrauch has arrived!! Both of us doing well!!

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Gentlemen.   Well Friday afternoon I was over at RED BECK shooting supplies near Wakefield to collect my new Weihrauch HW97KT .177 rifle. You chaps who own and know these rifles need no further endo

Simon, if you do decide you prefer the sporter stock I have my HW77K's stock kicking about in the back of the shed that you can have for nowt if you're willing to pay the postage?   It was a bit rou

I enjoyed that write up, sounds like an awesome rifle. Glad to see you are still a springer enthusiast, us older Airgunners where afterall weaned on them, in fact never got my first PCP until 2005 and

Right lads Ive just this minute got off the phone with Tony as promised.

Here is the gen from the the man in the know.

You can use Bisley Magnums .22 or .177 in a springer HW95 and HW97 or any other model but it will bring the power down quite alot.

If you have a .177 running at 11.7 with Magnums it will be over with a lighter pellet 90% of the time and is the opersite to pcps and how heavier pellets work in them.

A magnum will not break or damage anything inside the rifle at all, all it will do will cause a harsher recoil for the shooter.

He says that they are very accurate in a 95 / 97 and if your happy with the recoil then they are very good to use.

Si.

Thanks so much for this Si. It's put my mind at rest as far as possible damage is concerned. There is a bit of punch on firing them but I actually liked that! And the effect is rather like a well-running .22! I need to get these chrono'd to find how much they slow down performance. The rifle is doing 11.2 ft/lbs with JSB EXACT.

Tuning will turn this HW97KT into a different animal anyway. I'll be talking to Tony tomorrow, Thursday.

Thanks a lot Si for help here.

Simon

• Like 1

Thanks Rob, I'm a bit more at ease from Si's chat with Tony. I really need to get the rifle chrono'd with Bisley/Weihrauch Magnums and see what these are really doing. They actually seem to be just very accurate, hard hitting pellets doing their job!

Cheers mate.

Simon

Cheers Darryl mate. As soon as I can get a day off in decent, windless weather to test and find the best light pellet. I'll be out working up with her! Just added my old Bushnell 4-14x50 SCOPECHIEF to her. What a fantastic difference to her balance. This 30-30 reticle scope is lethally precise and the best I have for bringing out the fullest accuracy in me, my rifle and pellet. I just wish Bushnell had never stopped making them. But at £350 ten years ago, they were a pricey scope!

Cheers Darryl.

Simon

• Like 1