New Baby Weihrauch has arrived!! Both of us doing well!!

Thanks so much Mac. You can only imagine the silly great grin on my mush looking at it right now. I'm testing ammo with her again tomorrow that Elliott and and Lewis have kindly sent me. She's putting Bisley magnums smack on the dot at 35 metres. I'm absolutely chuffed to bits with that for hunting. A lighter, faster, accurate target round is what I'm searching for now. This rifle is going to primarily used as a precision target competition rifle Mac.

When I'm finished with the tuning and tweaking I have planned for her, she'll be one of the finest, smoothest most accurate 97s in the world... Nothing less!

Cheers Mac. Hope you are alright mate.

Simon

• Like 1

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Gentlemen.   Well Friday afternoon I was over at RED BECK shooting supplies near Wakefield to collect my new Weihrauch HW97KT .177 rifle. You chaps who own and know these rifles need no further endo

Simon, if you do decide you prefer the sporter stock I have my HW77K's stock kicking about in the back of the shed that you can have for nowt if you're willing to pay the postage?   It was a bit rou

I enjoyed that write up, sounds like an awesome rifle. Glad to see you are still a springer enthusiast, us older Airgunners where afterall weaned on them, in fact never got my first PCP until 2005 and

Simon,

Not sure if your a member over at the HW forums but if not mate do a search for using bis magnums in a hw rifle under the legal limit. There are a few posts on there from the regulars stating although accurate in the hw they can cause damage to the piston!!!! Something to do with the weight of them not being ideal for hw's unless the rifle is FAC rated.

It could very well be tosh mate and don't mean to scare you as you will know more about the internal workings of a spring gun than me but its stopped me from trying out the .22 variety in my 95.

Would be nice to clear the matter up so I can try some if its a myth.

ATB

Phil

Thanks so much Mac. You can only imagine the silly great grin on my mush looking at it right now. I'm testing ammo with her again tomorrow that Elliott and and Lewis have kindly sent me. She's putting Bisley magnums smack on the dot at 35 metres. I'm absolutely chuffed to bits with that for hunting. A lighter, faster, accurate target round is what I'm searching for now. This rifle is going to primarily used as a precision target competition rifle Mac.

When I'm finished with the tuning and tweaking I have planned for her, she'll be one of the finest, smoothest most accurate 97s in the world... Nothing less!

Cheers Mac. Hope you are alright mate.

Simon

Hi simon mate im ok at the moment but my wife is a bit up then down she keeps getting upset but thats only naturale eny way getting back to your baby. mawders may have some thing there mate as when i put a magnum in my 97 it made such a twang from the spring i thought it had brocken some thing luckily it had not but i never put a nother one in it mind you mine was a 22 cal so i dont know what a 177 is like as iv never had one but with your knowledge of spring rifles im sure you have looked into this and with all the tuneing and tweeking your going to do will compancaite for the wait of the pellet so hurry up and get a photo on of her bud the anticepation is killing me :laugh: atvbmac

I have had a conversation months ago with Tony Wall about pistons being damaged and he said if a pellet is not a good fit in your breech and is loose this will cause piston bounce which will ruin your internals.

He never mentioned anything about Bisley Magnums but it may be worth asking him.

Ive got to phone him later so ill see what he says.

Si.

Aw f*ck a Duck! You mean there could be internal damage using these Magnum pellets? The fit of the Bisleys in my 97's breech is rather tight. I'm not getting any sense of piston bounce when the piston drives compressing air against particularly loose or stiff-fitting ammo. You feel it as a sort of dull thudding recoil on firing, if the round is too heavy or stiff in the breech; even though the rifle may sound with a sharp report... :icon_eek:

The WEIHRAUCH MAGNUM tin has a pic of an HW77 spring rifle on the lid. You would think if these were PCP-only rounds, they would use a pic of an HW100? This must be checked out thoroughly here... :hmm:

Simon

Edited by pianoman

According to a response I put on Weihrauch Owner's Forum, The heavy-for-calibre pellets DO cause excessive piston bounce which shortens the life of the spring. If it transpires that the only truly accurate pellet for my HW97KT is a heavy Bisley Magnum type round, and it takes a toll on springs but, doesn't damage anything else, I'm prepared to go through springs for it then!

If a lighter pellet emerges as a superlatively accurate round, that's what Ill use instead. It can't be any other way really.

Right lads Ive just this minute got off the phone with Tony as promised.

Here is the gen from the the man in the know.

You can use Bisley Magnums .22 or .177 in a springer HW95 and HW97 or any other model but it will bring the power down quite alot.

If you have a .177 running at 11.7 with Magnums it will be over with a lighter pellet 90% of the time and is the opersite to pcps and how heavier pellets work in them.

A magnum will not break or damage anything inside the rifle at all, all it will do will cause a harsher recoil for the shooter.

He says that they are very accurate in a 95 / 97 and if your happy with the recoil then they are very good to use.

Si.

• Like 1

Hmmm does anyone have any .22 cal Bisley magnums they can send my way to see what the power drops to and what sort of group I can get without me having to buy a whole tin? I'll more than happily send whoever has some the equivalent in H&N FTT or AA diablo field.

Thanks for letting us know Si

• Like 1