Reccomend me a .17HMR

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You do get what you pay for IMHO. A higher quality item costs more to produce. Otherwise, you could by a BMW for the price of a fiat. A fiat will still get you from a to b, but the trip would arguabl

The Duncan, has a 60J Hmr and its a great bit of kit,,,, German and precision made, shoots great.   I have a 60J .22Lr and its a great gun, not cheap but you do get what you pay for....   Drop Dun

Got my CZ, on recommendation. from and through a gunsmith who worked for H&H and builds custom varmint rifles. Fitted a rimfire magic trigger kit at £10 cost and it has been superb cant really fa

Posted Images

Oh lads I don't know. Heart says Wehirauch / Anschuts, wallet says CZ.. but I could stretch to a HW or Annie

Never heard of the Sako

ok, i was told buy cheap buy twice ? buy the Wehirauch and it will serve you for years ...

the CZ, is a good gun.... but the Wehirauch, is quality... no need to change the trigger to make it feel better, No plastic mags...... just Quality.

Edited by jmj121

Sako - a finnish rifle, again, very high build quality and loved by their owners.

never did see the point of a multi barrel rifle, i'm probably ill informed about the benefits. just seems a hastle re-zeroing every time you swap it out...

Edited by jmj121

I heard the CZ's have crappy triggers?..

Got 2 CZ's. They both came with 'crappy triggers'. Put trigger kits on them, which just about everybody does, at a cost of £12 each, and now they have lovely fluffy light triggers that yer Granny would be proud of!. :yes:

Got my CZ, on recommendation. from and through a gunsmith who worked for H&H and builds custom varmint rifles.

Fitted a rimfire magic trigger kit at £10 cost and it has been superb cant really fault the rifle for the price.

yes.

Believe me if I could afford it I would get him to build me one!

An 'English' 17HMR theres a thought!!

The CZ cost me (from memory) £260 spanking new about 18 months back why would you say no to it!!!

Edited by masmiffy

Got my CZ, on recommendation. from and through a gunsmith who worked for H&H and builds custom varmint rifles.

Fitted a rimfire magic trigger kit at £10 cost and it has been superb cant really fault the rifle for the price.

yes.

Believe me if I could afford it I would get him to build me one!

An 'English' 17HMR theres a thought!!

The CZ cost me (from memory) £260 spanking new about 18 months back why would you say no to it!!!

Because my hw is exquisite and doesn't owe me anything. When I had CZ's it just wasn't the same experience in terms of slickness of how components worked together smoothness of firing cycle, trigger (in many ways), depth of bluing, stock shape and wood quality etc etc.. I also find my Weihrauch more accurate than any CZ I've had or fired.

Sportsmans prices Today both .17 HMR

Cz American £365.99

Weihrauch HW60J £692.90

The Weirauch is Nearly Double the money, it will not shoot any better and it will not last any longer and it will not be any more reliable.

Fact is if you want one then fine, I don't, CZ does everything I need, so I'm happy. :yes:

Others may want a Weirauch, Fine! :thumbs:

• Like 1