Reccomend me a .17HMR

Can't be bothered to consider this changing barrels nonsense, it's too time consuming and you have to re zero the scope as well instead of just a quick zero check.

Best to get a rifle for each calibre you need.

My CZ452 HMR with a Sidewinder TAC30 and 17gr Vmax is awesome, I did not fit a trigger kit, I had an old school gunsmith adjust the trigger and it is now smooth and crisp and lighter in action. 150yd headshot bunnies no problem and the beauty of the HMR is that it does not wound.

any gun is capable of wounding its the shot placement that does the killing not the gun.

Yes, accepted, however if the Vmax load hits almost anywhere at the front end it's an outright kill... please before anyone comes back, yes I do practice, I do take care with shot placement and virtually always hit where I intended to.. I watch the shot hit through the scope... it's apparent later when I pick up, the damage caused by the round is enormous, it does not wound.

Edited by Kentish

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You do get what you pay for IMHO. A higher quality item costs more to produce. Otherwise, you could by a BMW for the price of a fiat. A fiat will still get you from a to b, but the trip would arguabl

The Duncan, has a 60J Hmr and its a great bit of kit,,,, German and precision made, shoots great.   I have a 60J .22Lr and its a great gun, not cheap but you do get what you pay for....   Drop Dun

Got my CZ, on recommendation. from and through a gunsmith who worked for H&H and builds custom varmint rifles. Fitted a rimfire magic trigger kit at £10 cost and it has been superb cant really fa

Posted Images

Can't be bothered to consider this changing barrels nonsense, it's too time consuming and you have to re zero the scope as well instead of just a quick zero check.

Best to get a rifle for each calibre you need.

My CZ452 HMR with a Sidewinder TAC30 and 17gr Vmax is awesome, I did not fit a trigger kit, I had an old school gunsmith adjust the trigger and it is now smooth and crisp and lighter in action. 150yd headshot bunnies no problem and the beauty of the HMR is that it does not wound.

any gun is capable of wounding its the shot placement that does the killing not the gun.

Yes, accepted, however if the Vmax load hits almost anywhere at the front end it's an outright kill... please before anyone comes back, yes I do practice, I do take care with shot placement and virtually always hit where I intended to.. I watch the shot hit through the scope... it's apparent later when I pick up, the damage caused by the round is enormous, it does not wound.

Half a step backwards would be a good idea! :thumbs:

Sounds like its the CZ then with interchangable barrels :thumbs:

Try the CZ 452 its exactly the same as the 455 only its a fixed barrel,because everyone is going for the new 455 you should pick up a 452 a lot cheaper, I got one about 3 months ago for £320, it loves hornady 17 grain and shoots very tight groups at 100 yards, if you want a .22 get a dedicated one, its saves a lot of messing about changing barrels and re zeroing plus they are cheap enough, you would still need an extra slot on your FAC for the extra barrel anyway.

Fair point, is the interchangable barrel the only difference?

I have got the 452 thumbhole/laminate stock and my shooting buddy has the 455 thumbhole/laminate stock, they look exactly the same, you cannot tell the difference and they both shoot very tight groups.

I have got the 452 thumbhole/laminate stock and my shooting buddy has the 455 thumbhole/laminate stock, they look exactly the same, you cannot tell the difference and they both shoot very tight groups.

I believe I am correct in saying that only the 455 is available now with thumbhole/laminate stock.

I believe I am correct in saying that only the 455 is available now with thumbhole/laminate stock.

Your right, but there are still a lot of gunsmiths with old stock who will be willing to give you a good deal just to get rid of their older rifles, like I said in an earlier post, I picked one up for £320 only three months ago.

Got my CZ, on recommendation. from and through a gunsmith who worked for H&H and builds custom varmint rifles.

Fitted a rimfire magic trigger kit at £10 cost and it has been superb cant really fault the rifle for the price.

It's really that simple with a CZ,no gimmick's they just do the job ;)

You do get what you pay for IMHO. A higher quality item costs more to produce. Otherwise, you could by a BMW for the price of a fiat.

A fiat will still get you from a to b, but the trip would arguably be nicer in a bmw, audi, jaguar...

are you german :laugh:

I had a Italian car then a french car... both fell apart..... Then i saw the light and got a GERMAN car...... i had that passat for 160K and it only ever went to the garage for service.... NEVER failed.... Then i changed that for a Volkswagen Scirocco, best car i have ever had...

Enough said about german engineering, thats why i purchased a HW60J.... and as predicted 1st class..