Reccomend me a .17HMR

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You do get what you pay for IMHO. A higher quality item costs more to produce. Otherwise, you could by a BMW for the price of a fiat. A fiat will still get you from a to b, but the trip would arguabl

The Duncan, has a 60J Hmr and its a great bit of kit,,,, German and precision made, shoots great.   I have a 60J .22Lr and its a great gun, not cheap but you do get what you pay for....   Drop Dun

Got my CZ, on recommendation. from and through a gunsmith who worked for H&H and builds custom varmint rifles. Fitted a rimfire magic trigger kit at £10 cost and it has been superb cant really fa

Posted Images

From CZ guns UK they retail at £409 new in 22LR or £439 in 17HMR, however im fairly sure if you look around you could get one for less

The styling is great and it looks the part, also has the reviews to match

Comes with a changable barrel feature for 17hmr / 22lr and 22WMR so you can swap if you feel the urge.

http://www.czrifles....-action-rifles/

ATB

Adam

From CZ guns UK they retail at £409 new in 22LR or £439 in 17HMR, however im fairly sure if you look around you could get one for less

Comes with a changable barrel feature for 17hmr / 22lr and 22WMR so you can swap if you feel the urge.

ATB

That looks great and a lot cheaper than the Weihrauch. The interchangable barrel could be the selling feature for me. I made the mistake of reading another tread last night and regarding .22 vs .17 and was undecided.

How much are the .22lr barrels for the CZ and are they easy enough to swap?

Im going for a CZ 455 (thumbhole laminate stock) for my HMR, fairly cheap yet looks very nice and good reviews

ATB

Adam

i fitted a trigger kit for a lad that had just purchased one of them last weekend, simpsons of shepshed he got the rifle, scope,sak mod, gunbag and some rounds for £400 odd. very nice rifle to be honest even though im not a fan of thumbhole stocks :thumbs:

Got my CZ, on recommendation. from and through a gunsmith who worked for H&H and builds custom varmint rifles.

Fitted a rimfire magic trigger kit at £10 cost and it has been superb cant really fault the rifle for the price.

Edited by masmiffy
  • Like 1

ATB

That looks great and a lot cheaper than the Weihrauch. The interchangable barrel could be the selling feature for me. I made the mistake of reading another tread last night and regarding .22 vs .17 and was undecided.

From what ive read they are screwed in and held in with a cupple of grub screws, cant be that hard to change or it wouldnt be a good feature :thumbs:As for price, sorry i dont knowATBAdam

ATB

From what ive read they are screwed in and held in with a cupple of grub screws, cant be that hard to change or it wouldnt be a good feature :thumbs:As for price, sorry i dont knowATBAdam

your correct and theres a plastic thing to remove from the inside the mag and thats it.

Sounds like its the CZ then with interchangable barrels :thumbs:

Try the CZ 452 its exactly the same as the 455 only its a fixed barrel,because everyone is going for the new 455 you should pick up a 452 a lot cheaper, I got one about 3 months ago for £320, it loves hornady 17 grain and shoots very tight groups at 100 yards, if you want a .22 get a dedicated one, its saves a lot of messing about changing barrels and re zeroing plus they are cheap enough, you would still need an extra slot on your FAC for the extra barrel anyway.

Try the CZ 452 its exactly the same as the 455 only its a fixed barrel,because everyone is going for the new 455 you should pick up a 452 a lot cheaper, I got one about 3 months ago for £320, it loves hornady 17 grain and shoots very tight groups at 100 yards, if you want a .22 get a dedicated one, its saves a lot of messing about changing barrels and re zeroing plus they are cheap enough, you would still need an extra slot on your FAC for the extra barrel anyway.

Fair point, is the interchangable barrel the only difference?

Fair point, is the interchangable barrel the only difference?

Nope, but don't get all wound up about that, and interchangeable barrels are now simply a consumer development of the manufacturing process. Sure, some people by a gun and some barrels but the VAST majority don't. The Quad really started this malarkey and it just hasn't taken off, the domain of the few.

Take a look here for CZ Rimfire details.

http://www.czub.cz/en/catalog/80-rimfire-rifles-cz/

Can't be bothered to consider this changing barrels nonsense, it's too time consuming and you have to re zero the scope as well instead of just a quick zero check.

Best to get a rifle for each calibre you need.

My CZ452 HMR with a Sidewinder TAC30 and 17gr Vmax is awesome, I did not fit a trigger kit, I had an old school gunsmith adjust the trigger and it is now smooth and crisp and lighter in action. 150yd headshot bunnies no problem and the beauty of the HMR is that it does not wound.

Can't be bothered to consider this changing barrels nonsense, it's too time consuming and you have to re zero the scope as well instead of just a quick zero check.

Best to get a rifle for each calibre you need.

My CZ452 HMR with a Sidewinder TAC30 and 17gr Vmax is awesome, I did not fit a trigger kit, I had an old school gunsmith adjust the trigger and it is now smooth and crisp and lighter in action. 150yd headshot bunnies no problem and the beauty of the HMR is that it does not wound.

any gun is capable of wounding its the shot placement that does the killing not the gun.