Reccomend me a .17HMR

Taking the leap to FAC after the new year.

I've been looking at these and they look really nice. What do you guys think, anything better or cheaper and just as good available?

Don't mind spending the money for a nice piece of kit but I've heard that they're all pretty similar accuracy wise, is that true?

post-64187-0-02046400-1352920709_thumb.jpeg

post-64187-0-06221200-1352920726_thumb.jpeg

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You do get what you pay for IMHO. A higher quality item costs more to produce. Otherwise, you could by a BMW for the price of a fiat. A fiat will still get you from a to b, but the trip would arguabl

The Duncan, has a 60J Hmr and its a great bit of kit,,,, German and precision made, shoots great.   I have a 60J .22Lr and its a great gun, not cheap but you do get what you pay for....   Drop Dun

Got my CZ, on recommendation. from and through a gunsmith who worked for H&H and builds custom varmint rifles. Fitted a rimfire magic trigger kit at £10 cost and it has been superb cant really fa

Posted Images

The Duncan, has a 60J Hmr and its a great bit of kit,,,, German and precision made, shoots great.

I have a 60J .22Lr and its a great gun, not cheap but you do get what you pay for....

Drop Duncan a PM and he im sure will advise on the 60J..

• Like 1

The Duncan, has a 60J Hmr and its a great bit of kit,,,, German and precision made, shoots great.

I have a 60J .22Lr and its a great gun, not cheap but you do get what you pay for....

In fact if you're up for it and ever down Buckinghamshire way, you can come and put some rounds thru it - try before you buy :thumbs:

In fact if you're up for it and ever down Buckinghamshire way, you can come and put some rounds thru it - try before you buy :thumbs:

Cheers Duncan, what you rekon then, nice piece of kit - worth the money? I'll be selling my HW100 to fund it

I heard the CZ's have crappy triggers?..

I had a couple of CZ's and the trigger wasn't that bad. Not a patch on the HW though.

I also had a go with a couple of CZs with trigger kits fitted - an improvement but still not as good as the Weihrauch unit IMHO.

Cheers Duncan, what you rekon then, nice piece of kit - worth the money? I'll be selling my HW100 to fund it

Its very subjective really, but you've only got to pay the price once, then you've got a stunning rifle for life.

If I had my time again, I'd still without hesitation buy the HW again.

most if not all 17hmr`s are far more accurate than the man shooting them :thumbs:

Yep!

Most are also very reliable and most will last a lifetime if treated with respect.

So, pay more for wood, asthetics, engineering, whatever if you want, but don't expect to achieve any more in the field with it! :thumbs: :thumbs: