Slough hook/sithe or whatever they are called

Hello people just a quick post as I've noticed how the thick cover and nettles and the like seems to be holding the ferreting up this year, I would just like to say I managed to get hold of a slough hook I think they are called, and what a difference it has made, it makes very short work of nettles and brambles and other debris and its not to heavy (like an extra spade) just wondered if anybody else uses this sort of thing, cheers rabbitcatcher

• Like 1

Hello people just a quick post as I've noticed how the thick cover and nettles and the like seems to be holding the ferreting up this year, I would just like to say I managed to get hold of a slough hook I think they are called, and what a difference it has made, it makes very short work of nettles and brambles and other debris and its not to heavy (like an extra spade) just wondered if anybody else uses this sort of thing, cheers rabbitcatcher

Just relized I've put this post in the wrong section,sorry:{

Wondering if you got caught with one could you be charge with having a dangerous weapon ? :hmm:

Well if you had it in a nightclub or horse fair your screwed but out hunting I doubt it... After all anything could be a weapon in the wrong context.. Even your ferreting shovel could be considered an offensive weapon

• 2 weeks later...