times when your dogs made you look a twat

Remember getting a whippet when I was a young lad, bragging to all my mates how good it was. Stole a mates pet white rabbit, took it to the school field, dropped it, walked back and put the lamp on it, sent the dog, the dog ran up to it, the rabbit didnt move, the dog stopped and smelt the rabbit and tried to sh*g it.

Another time, been to scotland for a weekend hunting with cleanspade, cleanspade gave me a little russle to try, called Aron, took it out, entered it to a fox, the dog mixed a bit with the fox, the fox bolted, no sign of Aron. I looked down the tube and there he was, curled up asleep.

• Like 1

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

my dog wont leave the house without his flat cap , makes me look a tit :laugh:

Out lamping one night down the south lreland with few mates had my old bitch with me the one in the picture to the left.The bitch has a thing off when she off the lead off jumping into peoples boots o

ive a funny one , i took my big dog out deer grey x saluki bull grey out on the lamp he ran a bunny and caught it , great then he he ran another which came toward me , the rabbit ran between my legs a

Old mate mine himself and few others where out ferreting .He never shut up how good his dog was at marking a hole. Rabbits bolting here and there but this one sett the was all the bolting noise but NO bolting.So old mate says the ferret has that in a block end. (his dog marking)By the way we had no spade or bleepers back in them days.So he gets down and sticks his hand down nothing,so he has a look and wack.He fell back blood ever where and dead rabbit at the hole.Big buck rabbit bolted right when he was looking down broke his noise and killed its self.Seen him few days later and he looked like a panda bear

• Like 6

Remember getting a whippet when I was a young lad, bragging to all my mates how good it was. Stole a mates pet white rabbit, took it to the school field, dropped it, walked back and put the lamp on it, sent the dog, the dog ran up to it, the rabbit didnt move, the dog stopped and smelt the rabbit and tried to sh*g it.

Another time, been to scotland for a weekend hunting with cleanspade, cleanspade gave me a little russle to try, called Aron, took it out, entered it to a fox, the dog mixed a bit with the fox, the fox bolted, no sign of Aron. I looked down the tube and there he was, curled up asleep.

a dog that shags rabbits fook me :laugh: :laugh:

when my bitch took a shite in the motor :bad::icon_redface: :icon_redface: :icon_redface:

Supose it came up smelling of roses Ha ha ha ha :haha:

she ate a full bag of tripe treats the night before. run 1 killed it but she run shite. then started shiteing all over the motor. :bad: didnt run her again :thumbs:

Poor girl Shit happens mate :icon_eek: are you sure she didn't get into the gravy boat :lol::)

First Time I went ferreting at Chris's permission I took Tess with me as I'd told him how well behaved she was and the fact she had a nice gentle mouth retrieving rabbits back live to hand.

He'd handed me a rabbit which I necked, took out the net and dropped at my feet whilst picking the sticks out the net. After a minute or two the rabbit suddenly jumps up and legs it into the hedge where my friend was :icon_redface: . Tess was on it like a shot and I hear the rabbit squeal so start calling Tess out the hedge but Chris was shouting "No, No, No, Stop, Stop, Stop"

Turns out he saw it running from the corner of his eye and somehow managed to lay his hand on it as it ran past...unfortunately at the exact time Tess caught it! so she's got a gob full of squealing rabbit and my mates hand and is trying to retrieve them both out of the hedge!!

He laughed about it but I felt like a right cnut at the time. The back of his hand had a perfect set of teeth marks on it and was already swelling and changing colour by the time we finished. So much for soft mouthed..... :icon_redface: He still his the scars now!

Also went to support a Local charity dog show and entered Tess in 'best movement' half way across the ring she starts limping, by the time I get back to the judge she's picking it off the floor and almost hopping on three legs! Bright red in the face I apologise and walk out the ring check her over but find nothing wrong, 15mins later she's trotting about normally as if nothing's happened.... :doh:

Had a springer that constantly made me look a twat

Used to take him on site , twice he ran through freshly laid concrete

He jumped in the front of a carpenters car, nicked his sandwich the chippy tried to grab him, the dog ran through the car out of the boot gulped the sandwich down ( still in cling film ) and then spewed the cling film up.

We were fishing on Barry Beach one night after work, looked around and the dog had disappeared, heard a bark from above and saw the dog at the top of the cliff.... He spotted me and took the short route back, straight over the edge.. He tried to run at first ( it wasn't vertical) but gravity took over and his legs couldn't keep uphe basically tumbled all the way down... He hit the beach hard but jumped up like nothing had happened and ran over wagging like mad.

We had an old Leyland daf van, with the roller shutter type door on the back, we were on our way back from Cardiff on a Friday night after a week away working, dog was in the back and we stopped for fuel at tiverton, I let the dog out for a wee, when we got home the roller was part open and no dog, it's all motorway to where I spotted it, retraced our route, rang the police,but couldn't find the dog... I got a call from the police about 2 hrs later, he had jumped as we pulled off the motorway, the car behind picked him up and handed him in.... When I picked him up he was bright as a button.

There's loads more of him, all the lads that worked for me around that time still talk about him now