Jessie female Harris hawk Diary

craigynewall

I worry more about poison than diseases so I trade off. Last week she killed two but tried to carry them into cover. This is probably due to feeling robbed so its something I need to look into. I don't really go looking for rats she has just caught a few this season.

Yeah mate sounds lyk youv been trading off to quick i did that last yr to early just to try and keep her flying and she started to feel robbed everytime id walk to her she wud try fly with the food. Her first few kills of the season should of been left for her to crop up fullyy before the trade off... This helped after the next few kills she caught i just let her full crop on them while i slowly got closer and closer then once she seems almost full up id cover the remaining carcass and show her a full garn garnished glove whilst slyly coverig her kill and let her choose to step up for it rather than pulling her off it making her feel lyk iv stole it.

I worry more about poison than diseases so I trade off. Last week she killed two but tried to carry them into cover. This is probably due to feeling robbed so its something I need to look into. I don't really go looking for rats she has just caught a few this season.

Yeah mate sounds lyk youv been trading off to quick i did that last yr to early just to try and keep her flying and she started to feel robbed everytime id walk to her she wud try fly with the food. Her first few kills of the season should of been left for her to crop up fullyy before the trade off... This helped after the next few kills she caught i just let her full crop on them while i slowly got closer and closer then once she seems almost full up id cover the remaining carcass and show her a full garn garnished glove whilst slyly coverig her kill and let her choose to step up for it rather than pulling her off it making her feel lyk iv stole it.

It is only an issue with small rats, she has no need to feel robbed at any other time and I take it slow when she has caught anything else letting her eat well from the kill. She looks to me to break into the kill for her.With rats and the poison issue I cover them up and trade off ASAP because she will soon be eating them. If I was to find somewhere where I could do any serious rat hawking I'd have bits of clean rats ready as a trade off. As it is she will know that a chick isn't what she caught hence the dragging away with small rats. I THINK LoL.

• Like 1

It is only an issue with small rats, she has no need to feel robbed at any other time and I take it slow when she has caught anything else letting her eat well from the kill. She looks to me to break into the kill for her.With rats and the poison issue I cover them up and trade off ASAP because she will soon be eating them. If I was to find somewhere where I could do any serious rat hawking I'd have bits of clean rats ready as a trade off. As it is she will know that a chick isn't what she caught hence the dragging away with small rats. I THINK LoL.

That sounds bang on mate. ?.

Cant view that video is it just me...............be interesting to see.

Cant see why it wont work mate :(. Is this working for evry1 else or just gnasher???

Wont play for me either mate
strange :s il probs have to start uploading my vids to a different server then. Cheers..