Theoben Rapid mk2 or HW100???

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Weihrauch HW100, still in production, nuff said

A HW100 anytime, the best hunting PCP there is on the market, well built, reliable, consistent, excellent magazine system, industry standard silencer, cheaper than the Rapid, lighter than the Rapid, h

Thats the same with any rifle , you should see some of the S410`s people have brought to me ........

Well said lol but if you know what your talking about you can lower the price considerably

most people dont know till they strip them down and i am one of them who dont know even when it is stripped down,i seem to get them right money but have to spend a few quid for someone to put it right
  • 2 weeks later...

Had my Rapid about 7 yrs, bought it 3rd hand. Had a new reg put in and have had no problems with it.

I like it because of the shot count but find it a bit heavy, But apart from the weight i cant fault it.

I dont even want to try anything else.

The Rapid is a very good design, simplle, effective and very air efficient. The magazine on ALL rifles is a fiddle - you want to try daystate, and they are supposed to be top dog.

12 shots in a Rapid long before HW even thought about a PCP. If you are a pipsqueak shooter (.177) then the Rapid gives you 17 shots per mag.

The only thing I would suggest is you go for a MK1 not a regged mk2 - easier to get running sweet.

A HW100 anytime, the best hunting PCP there is on the market, well built, reliable, consistent, excellent magazine system, industry standard silencer, cheaper than the Rapid, lighter than the Rapid, handles better than the Rapid etc etc etc etc, its a no brainer really. German quality thru and thru :whistling: .

• Like 2

I have a Rapid mk1 (new model with mk4 trigger) in .20 and been to Phild to put one of his regs on and other bits. It shoots amazling well and what a class rifle, close on 200 shots out of of the 280cc bottle

I also have a HW100 carbine with a A+M custom cylinder, this also shoots spot on and i get close on 100 shots out of it in .177

Tough call which i would choose but if i could have a HW100 in .20 would be the best pick for me :yes:

You won't go far wrong with which ever you go with, go and shoulder both and see which suits you the best

• Like 1

Ive not personally owned a Theoben but I have reviewed and shot a tuned and fettled Theoben MFR belonging to Craig.

Ive owned 3 HW100 rifles in the past and own one still now.

The Theoben are a very nice rifle, lighter than I expected and as accurate as any other pcp Ive used before.

If I'm honest I wouldn't say this thread is about which one is better because I don't really think that you can split them.

Both have a brilliant record from the start, both are more accurate than the shooter be it a world champion shot or not, you will never out shoot them.

At the end of the day what do you want from a rifle?

Accuracy, consistency and reliability, and both rifles have all.

The other stuff you are talking about like weight, looks, shot count, length are all personal preference really and are not a factor of how good the rifles are.

What is heavy for one is OK to others, and what isn't enough shots for one is plenty for another.

Its when you aim it at the target and squeeze the trigger that makes the difference. Does it go where its suppose too?).

I for one like both rifles and was willing to swap a JB tuned r10 for a MFR so would have no qualm in owning either.

For me personally I like small carbine rifles and love the HW100 KT. 70 shots is enough for me for what I need and like i said its as accurate as anything on the market, but if a MFR came my way at the right price i would defo buy one.

Si.

• Like 1

What ever Gun Rapid or HW 100 Both top guns,

I Prefer Long Weighty guns i.e My TTR 1 which with scope and rail is about 12 lbs, and about 48 inches long. :laugh:

I wobble like hell with small light weight Carbines and just don't feel comfortable shooting them.

Kraut or British it's a Personnel thing up to You, I love My Rapids and with over 20 yrs proven History i can't go wrong.

atvb Daz 7.

Hi

I have a HW100kt .22 and it is fantastic . Comes with 2 mags silencer all the filling probes, most other guns you would have to buy one or more of the items mentioned. But it would not stop me buying a MFR if i could find one .