Theoben Rapid mk2 or HW100???

Hi all. I'm gonna sell my HW97k and AA S410 to fund either a mk2 Rapid or HW100. What's the views on these 2 and which should i go for?

The Rapid will probably be 2nd hand as i think they're around £900 new whereas the HW100 will probably be new.

Thanks in advance ;-)

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Weihrauch HW100, still in production, nuff said

A HW100 anytime, the best hunting PCP there is on the market, well built, reliable, consistent, excellent magazine system, industry standard silencer, cheaper than the Rapid, lighter than the Rapid, h

Thats the same with any rifle , you should see some of the S410`s people have brought to me ........

I sold 2 AA`s for a Rapid . It was a nightmare from the start BUT , ive still got the rapid . I happened to fall on a bad one that was Messed With . It took alot of time and patience to get it where it is today , and now its something i cant see me parting with . Took a while for me to `Gel` with it , as it felt different to all my other guns . I sold a Mint AAS410 with EV2 barrel ( to a guy on here ) and AA MPR FT ( to a target tart in London ) to fund it . I had cash extra but that soon went on `Stuff ` and well if im honest a rebuild . The Rapid ( MFR in my case ) is a craking gun , it reallly is . I love the fact its like lego and i can just change what ever i want . Find someone near thats got one and have a go with theirs . A Great gun , and if i had the cash , ide definatley get another .

Both very good guns and have had the pleasure to use both.

No comparison in the way of consistency and accuracy, Using AAF and both rifles set around 11ft/lb will hit pellet upon pellet at 55yds, under controled conditions, ie indoors from a good rest.

I find the rapid a better fit and i think it looks better but the mags are shite, especially loading the feckers in the dark.

Cant fault either so i suppose its whatever floats your boat

I'd definitely prefer a go with both before deciding. I like the idea of the German engineering and a Weihrauch is a Weihrauch...nuff said but the Rapid continually gets great reviews and to be honest...when i sit here thinking about it...i haven't read 1 bad thing about the Rapid. The other thing about the Rapid is the unbelievable shot count...saves a wee bit of messing about with filling. Why other manufacturers haven't followed suit is beyond me...for instance some of them are still designing and putting out unregged rifles with 40-50 shots per fill so for that reason alone they lose my custom ;-)

If i was going to go for a 2nd hand Rapid then it adds the dilemma of...can i trust who i'm buying it from? Am i buying someone elses problem? I've always been very trusting and have sent cash to complete strangers but all this Graham nonsense has opened my eyes a bit more so the 2nd hand minefield is a real dilemma :-/

Edited by AirgunGuy

If i was going to go for a 2nd hand Rapid then it adds the dilemma of...can i trust who i'm buying it from? Am i buying someone elses problem?

Thats the same with any rifle , you should see some of the S410`s people have brought to me ........

• Like 1

You may inherit somebody elses probs with a rapid but they are easilly sorted and not at a great expense, mine was well goosed ( no disrespect to the lad i got it from) but with claims of a gunsmith doing the tuning work was beyond belief when i opened it up, more like sweeney fecking todd.

Some tlc later and its as sweet as a nut. still not perfect but its getting there. Not at mega expense but it depends who your mates are :thumbs:

I havent had much to do with the internals of a 100 so cant comment

I know that mate. It's a dodgy old game ;-)

To be honest i would pay good dosh for the right mk2 Rapid or MFR but it's getting the right 1 :-/

If you say that , then every seller would be selling `The Right One ` ............

Someone with a bit of experiance would be good to have with you when you try .........

pro's and cons.. the 100 is acurate heavey and is 90 shots? so probably 75-80 sweet spot on the power curve. luvly bolt action..i think the mags are cheeper.

rapid..300 plus shots accurate slightly not as heavey.

i'd say if your into a lot of shooting a rapid all the way..try and get a wto stage triggered one. if your a weekender for a few hours the HW 100 with the ambi thumb hole. mags aint cheep.

Edited by ghillies

I thought my mfr was a good buy. But it was loud (action wise) and clunky..thought nothing of it, I had a longer valve stem, a f****d valve plastic case lol a massive hammer spring, couple of rancid orings lol I'm just glad I spent the very little cash I had to to get it 'spot on' and I can't see me getting rid of this gun. Great handling, quiet,nice to look at ,about 250 shots..and my stock ain't orange :) and deadly accurate as all pcps are. My next gun will more than likely be a Hw or a Diana Springer next. Atb thumbs up for the rapids from me.

Ps, I also know three people near me who have about 12-13 rapids between them at some point lol and they've never had a gripe with them, an if they did it only pennies to fix and a DIY job 9-10

i would tip slightly towards the hw 100, had several of them both over the years and would have both again, the hw build quality is first class and everyone i had as preformed spot on,

all the rapid i have bought have been though several hands before me and have proform spot on once they have been sorted out ,,there's no dowt there built like a tank and one of the most straight forward guns to work on ,but to me thats the problem ,you get every tom dick or harry who thinks they know what there doing ,usually they dont