93 replies to this topic

#91 KittleRox

KittleRox

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,137 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 09:33 am

Fireman i don't know weather i need any in my aviary or not but i put some hawthorn in a while back in a decent sized container and filled it with water..and the bud's growing like mad..the odd bird has had a nibble but i'm not sure which ones..

watch your birds don,t drown mate !!! or is the container covered ???

That was already thought of mate..the drowning that is.. :thumbs: ... a worm will have trouble getting through the branches into the water let alone a finch.. if i was at home i would sling a picture up for you... :yes: ..but thankyou for the tip..if i had no common sense it would of come in handy.. :victory: .

Its just I know you,re " a bit daft " :D  :thumbs:

• Millet likes this

#92 Millet

Millet

Extreme chipolata hunter

• Members
  • 8,270 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 12:20 pm

:laugh:  :laugh: @ KittleRox..

#93 Millet

Millet

Extreme chipolata hunter

• Members
  • 8,270 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 12:27 pm

hiya millet , you don't need put the hawthorn in water mate . Just snap the twigs of the hawthorn bushes and this time of year they are covered in little buds , the birds go mad for them as they are withought trying to grow them . They also love blackthorn just as much ! Once the dandelions are out feed them plenty and this will condition your birds quickly and better than anything you can buy . You probably already know this but if not hope this helps . All the best hammo .

I just thought it would keep them alive longer and stop them from drying out..
:thumbs: ..i only have 11 finches and i may of went a bit overboard with what i put in.. :D ..as i only think a couple of them are nibbling on them..mainly the redpoll's and mules i think..i can't wait for the dandelion to start growing but i don't think it will be any time soon with the way this weather is..
Cheer's.. :thumbs:

#94 tong po

tong po

Born Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 228 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 06:11 pm

bullies are starting to pick at nesting material, finding it realy hard not to put nest pans in

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users