Native Bullfinches.

Fireman i don't know weather i need any in my aviary or not but i put some hawthorn in a while back in a decent sized container and filled it with water..and the bud's growing like mad..the odd bird has had a nibble but i'm not sure which ones..

watch your birds don,t drown mate !!! or is the container covered ???

That was already thought of mate..the drowning that is.. :thumbs: ... a worm will have trouble getting through the branches into the water let alone a finch.. if i was at home i would sling a picture up for you... :yes: ..but thankyou for the tip..if i had no common sense it would of come in handy.. :victory: .

Its just I know you,re " a bit daft " :D:thumbs:

• Like 1

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Called round tong pos last nyt for a quick brew , despite this freezing weather his bullie cocks were chasing the hens vigorously ! Another month and the nest pans will be in weather permitting ? He's

Pinkies as in frozen maggots,maggots from the fishing shops as it were can carry salmonela so you have to keep them in bran for a few days till the black spot you can see in them is clear,this is thei

Posted Images

hiya millet , you don't need put the hawthorn in water mate . Just snap the twigs of the hawthorn bushes and this time of year they are covered in little buds , the birds go mad for them as they are withought trying to grow them . They also love blackthorn just as much ! Once the dandelions are out feed them plenty and this will condition your birds quickly and better than anything you can buy . You probably already know this but if not hope this helps . All the best hammo .

I just thought it would keep them alive longer and stop them from drying out..

:thumbs: ..i only have 11 finches and i may of went a bit overboard with what i put in.. :D ..as i only think a couple of them are nibbling on them..mainly the redpoll's and mules i think..i can't wait for the dandelion to start growing but i don't think it will be any time soon with the way this weather is..

Cheer's.. :thumbs:

• 2 weeks later...