Sign in to follow this  
midnight

midnight knife making compatition (only 8 places )

a file and sand paper thats it !! that would be the bear minimum !!

no i dont see why it matters if you have grinders etc

there on there way fellas , second lot will go tomorrow .

hope there is some help from you all to each other !!

all the best , matt

nice one kev can you lend a hand from time to time with handling leather etc pleas mate !!

id like this to be a proper group thing lots of info banter etc !

nice one kev can you lend a hand from time to time with handling leather etc pleas mate !!

id like this to be a proper group thing lots of info banter etc !

count me in for that matt i will pass on what i have learnt with my leather work buddy one thing i have noticed with cutting leather nice and staight you have neat stitching

I'll get started with the questions then. Do people generally polish the blade after the final hardening or is it worth doing it before?

Cheers, Rob.

you want all the grinding done before for the heat treating if you working with hand tools , i would send it sharp because you gonna strugle to remove metal after heat treat .

400 grit is where you want it before heat treating if you shooting for mirror finnish !

I'll be using just hand tools aswell. Struggling on finding a way of cutting the handle in even widths by hand.

I'm intending to cut my handle material by hand with a coping saw. I'll then sand the side I will be placing against the blank on a sanding block so it is as flat as possible. Hopefully that'll do the trick.

who ever is the winner of this comp i will donate one of my handmade sheaths as the prize .

all so i will be puting a step by step guide on how to make a leather sheath from start to finish but if any of you guys feel stuck at all making a sheath just give me or matt a pm and i am sure one of us will help ya good look with the comp lads :victory: :victory:

• Like 2

Guest scramble

This is a great idea matt, good luck to all involved. I've got a shed load of work and family commitments this month or i'd of been first on the list to join this comp. Matt if your running another comp for january i'd like to enter please. :thumbs:

SCRAMBLE

Guest scramble

who ever is the winner of this comp i will donate one of my handmade sheaths as the prize .

all so i will be puting a step by step guide on how to make a leather sheath from start to finish but if any of you guys feel stuck at all making a sheath just give me or matt a pm and i am sure one of us will help ya good look with the comp lads :victory: :victory:

Kind offer that Gaffer mate. :thumbs:

SCRAMBLE

Ive got too much on this time also but would defo enter next time round. Looking forward to seeing the end results guys