ive may have a job game keeping no experince what so ever none what does it involve its only a little shoot the man will let me put me mobile home there he did offer a cottage [ wasnt nice ] is there any dvds any advice will be cushdy bigdan

Guest little_lloyd

If you have no experiance why are you taking the job :doh: Is it just you on your own or are you doing a bit of a apprentiship with another keeper?

Good luck and good hunting :victory:

The game conservancy books arn't a bad place to start.

N.10 Gamebird releasing is the main one i'd look at.

Your in the same position i was in last year.

Asked to look after a small shoot for a city bloke who'd bought one of the local farms, didn't have a clue what i was doing. You learn fast! :yes:

Good luck

Nothing better than a challenge and a free place to live well done bigdan :clapper: .

Its just serious pest control and a good bit of bird husbandry you will have no problem if you get stuck theres plenty of lads to give you advice as and when you need it on this site.

Go for it if its only a small shoot you should have no worries mate im made up for you.

Nothing better than a challenge and a free place to live well done bigdan :clapper: .

Its just serious pest control and a good bit of bird husbandry you will have no problem if you get stuck theres plenty of lads to give you advice as and when you need it on this site.

Go for it if its only a small shoot you should have no worries mate im made up for you.

well done mate if you need advice ask people on her they will be willing to give you some advice also join the NOBS site big keepering forum on there. best of luck

• 1 month later...
Guest nfp20

find your self a local keeper taking him to the pub and ask his advice most I know are happy to give advice in exchange for a few hours of your time... game conservancy books good but they won't teach you everything you need to know in the time you need to know it. I take it at this time of year your buying in feeding and releasing, not breeding up your own??

Do you own a gun? have you done pest control?

Ask your dealer about diseases and what to look for.