Sign in to follow this  
terryd

Rabbit curry help

Can any one help with a rabbit curry recipe please. I am an ok cook but never been able too do a nice curry.

To get the rabbit tender I guess I would pressure cook it or slowly boil but once I have the meat what's next.

Don't really want too use any thing out of jar but don't want too spend 20 quid on spices in tesco either.

I do all ready have a fair collection so chances are I have most things.

Thank you

Don't comdemn the jar, Pataks madras or the balti is good too

Simmer the rabbit first but not too much as it goes stringy in the curry if you over do it

Theres a basic curry recipe on the Pataks jar and it is really good stuff, it's that good a lot of resturants use it

:thumbs:

Simmer the rabbit first but not too much as it goes stringy in the curry if you over do it

Theres a basic curry recipe on the Pataks jar and it is really good stuff, it's that good a lot of resturants use it

:thumbs:

Ok thanks I will give it a try. Thanks for the tip about the rabbit too I do have a habit of over doing that stage of the cooking

rabbit madras from www. river cottage but with any of my currys i always bake mine then i know it will be tender hope this is a use

Rabbit ,venison pheasant etc get a jar of cook in sauce put in a casserole dish and pop in the oven for a hour and a half even i cant muck that up

If you google a thai green curry recipe and use rabbit loins only, the results can be outstanding. No long cooking either with loins, especially if you are using 3/4 grown bunny loins.

• Like 1

Can any one help with a rabbit curry recipe please. I am an ok cook but never been able too do a nice curry.

To get the rabbit tender I guess I would pressure cook it or slowly boil but once I have the meat what's next.

Don't really want too use any thing out of jar but don't want too spend 20 quid on spices in tesco either.

I do all ready have a fair collection so chances are I have most things.

Thank you

My partner and I had one Wednesday . I cooked the rabbits overnight in a slow cooker with just water.

De-boned it ,and put it in a casserole dish with two Asda's own curry sauces, one Balti, one Madras then placed it on a bed of rice .

We thought it was a success.

Jusst one thing , don't shred the rabbit too much as it soaks up a remarkable amount of the sauce if you do.

Salt water brine for 2 or 3 days first. You can be sure there tender then and it removes the wild taste. I never measure the salt (about 1/2 inch in the bottom of a half pint glass) Then use any of the jars you like. Works great for foreshore ducks as-well.

:thumbs:yes best rabbit curry ive had with pataks madrass, add your own garlic and tomato pure to it,,nice.

Would you need to cook the Rabbit in water first,if using a slow cooker, I also soak the Rabbit pieces in salt and vinegar, overnight.

Could i not just put these pieces in the slow cooker pour over a curry sauce, switch on at night, and it would be ready next morning.

FERRCHISSAKES an hour in brine and cider vinegar will do!

Eat at mine for a meal or two will persuade you! :thumbs::laugh:

My question was regarding the cooking of the Rabbit, would I need to cook it in water first, or could i just put the rabbit pieces in the slow cooker and pour the Patacks sauce over?