Foxhound

We are puppy walking one on the farm at the minute a little bvitch that is kenneled with a collie pup of the same age and i can honestly say they are the numbest beasts ever, lovely nature but driven by instinct and hundreds of years of selective breeding to hunt and run not think. Fearless and game and i personally think they are beautiful animals but they belong in a pack

• Like 1

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yes you are & no he's not, did you really think he was?? Omg !!   Wtf did you get it for?? It's f*****g beyond me....   Idiot and clearly a grade A one, it's like asking if you can use a buck

Having had a 3 legged hound that I removed its leg when it was 11weeks old, please forget even trying to fully domesticate your hound. We would never part with our bundle of trouble, and my god she h

Haha here we go another wanker on here   Thanks for your input

Having had a 3 legged hound that I removed its leg when it was 11weeks old, please forget even trying to fully domesticate your hound.

We would never part with our bundle of trouble, and my god she has been trouble for 11years, but she is the most amazing creature as well.

No food is safe, even in containers or cupboards, or for that matter in the fridge or oven. She can eat as if she has never been fed EVER!!! 6kg of tripe fat was no problem and though she looked pregnant, she was not and never has been ill .

The adage that you may take the hound out of the pack but not the pack out of the hound is absolutely correct.

You may think you have "trained" her BUT forget it she will in 10secs if there is food or kids around.

We share her unintentionally with our next door neighbour as she goes around and sleeps on their beds etc ( we have understanding friends ) and have a 5 mile Corel watch of people that know her and love her.

She is loveable,and unrully at the same time.

We would not part with her or give her to our worse enemy She s just Corel and she does what she wants.

Ps I am a Gundog trainer and run classes, forget the foolishness about training a hound not to be a hound.

• Like 2

Get another, get some gps and use them to legally flush foxes to the gun?

On a similar note i have been half training a mixed hound as a cover dog and plan to try to shoot over her, but she is NOT a pure fox hound, but a beagle/teckle. At the moment she has good recall on the whistle, stops on the whistle, retrieves, is broken to the gun, sits and heals.Starting on stay now.

We are puppy walking one on the farm at the minute a little bvitch that is kenneled with a collie pup of the same age and i can honestly say they are the numbest beasts ever, lovely nature but driven by instinct and hundreds of years of selective breeding to hunt and run not think. Fearless and game and i personally think they are beautiful animals but they belong in a pack

Who for, dukesey?

you can make a useful dog out of a hound puppy-not necessarily a lab or spaniel but not a complete idiot either -most dumb hounds and dogs are that way because nobody taught them different-the best way to instill discipline in a hound pack is to walk them out with the staff-works when you only have one too-lots of people here use one hound to drive game-teach them manners and half the battle is won

• 1 month later...

If you got him hunting pheasants (which would be pretty easy) he would probably be pretty handy for long range dogging in,lol but im guessing he'd be hard mouthed as hell for actual gun dog work?? Looking at some responses you get to virtually any topic you post on here and you'd be forgiven for thinking that is some one has perfected teaching monkeys to type!

Mind you, for small walk around days he be a one dog beating team!

Good luck