well after a bit of advice on shooting rabbits with 12g i havent been shooting long and as you can emagine im not the best of shooters not evern avarage lol well ive got my self some permision to shoot on but there is only manly pigeon and tree rats and not many rabbits on a good day i get to see 3 or 4 rabbits and only 1 or 2 will i be able to get a safe shot at but here is were im strugeling some people say put the beed underneath the rabbit and some say blot the rabbit out with the barrels ive tried both and keep missing and when i miss and they run im giving them lead but still missing.any tips or advice for me lads....atb bx1

cheers lads.i have ferrets but the land i av permission on has been hammerd for bunnies the only bunnies what come on are off the rail way enbankment so ferreting is a no no unfurtunetly. The land used to hold more rabbits but because of all the wet weather the rabbits are just sticking to the embankment which is bad news for me but good for farmer lol

Ok mate, check which eye of yours is your dominant eye, this is the problem I have with shooting.... my left eye is my dominant eye, and Im right handed... this means when im looking down the barrel, its not my right eye that got the bead on the rabbit but the left, so in fact, the gun is pointing way to the left of the target... obviously, all I have to do is close the left eye when shooting and all is good, but its not a great way to shoot a shotgun, as the visual field is vastly reduced.

To test which is your dominant eye, simply look at a distant object with both eyes open. then raise an arm up, pointing your index finger up until its pointing onto the target... now close the left eye.... does the finger remain on target or does it move? If your right eye dominant it would have remained.

If your right handed ideally you would be right eyed too. Then your line of sight is going straight down the barrel to the target...If it turns out your right handed/eyed, then mate, you might just be a crap shot, try a few days at clays, there are usually folk about that are willing to help

Also consider the choise of cartridge, for bunnies no5 or no6 shot is fine, and I limit my shots to 25/30 yards. Shotguns are good for shooting bolting or flushed bunnies, not the best for stalking bunnies with

Your bull cross can legally hunt for foxes and other mammals for you to shoot

Hope some of this drivel may be useful, if not, good luck anyway

• Like 2

Ok mate, check which eye of yours is your dominant eye, this is the problem I have with shooting.... my left eye is my dominant eye, and Im right handed... this means when im looking down the barrel, its not my right eye that got the bead on the rabbit but the left, so in fact, the gun is pointing way to the left of the target... obviously, all I have to do is close the left eye when shooting and all is good, but its not a great way to shoot a shotgun, as the visual field is vastly reduced.

To test which is your dominant eye, simply look at a distant object with both eyes open. then raise an arm up, pointing your index finger up until its pointing onto the target... now close the left eye.... does the finger remain on target or does it move? If your right eye dominant it would have remained.

If your right handed ideally you would be right eyed too. Then your line of sight is going straight down the barrel to the target...If it turns out your right handed/eyed, then mate, you might just be a crap shot, try a few days at clays, there are usually folk about that are willing to help

Also consider the choise of cartridge, for bunnies no5 or no6 shot is fine, and I limit my shots to 25/30 yards. Shotguns are good for shooting bolting or flushed bunnies, not the best for stalking bunnies with

I am the same with being left eye but right handed, have you tried the easy hit beads? I have found they really help and allow you to keep both eyes open too.

• Like 1

cheers DN ive just checked which eye is domanant and its my right wich im right handed.i think i have the problem sussed........im just a realy crap shot lol thing a day at the clays is in order lol cheers for help mate

Do you have problems hitting other stuff...if so do you know if your gun fits you?.. :thumbs:

hi lab yes mate the gun fits mate i can hit pigeons and tree rats and when patterning the gun it shots were im looking so to speak.i think when it comes to me shooting rabbits i just other think it to much and keep missing. But i av baged my first bunny today lol with rabbits been so thin on the ground were i shoot [bANNED TEXT] i see one i either get to excited n shoot befor gun is properly mount it or i think about it to much and end up missing

I am the same with being left eye but right handed, have you tried the easy hit beads? I have found they really help and allow you to keep both eyes open too.

Ive never tried them mate, they look awesome, just what I need...THANKYOU +1Bullx glad your on your way to being a happy shooter... theres not much more frustrating than blasting away and hitting nowt haha

Ive never tried them mate, they look awesome, just what I need...THANKYOU +1Bullx glad your on your way to being a happy shooter... theres not much more frustrating than blasting away and hitting nowt haha

The easy hit ones are quite expensive, I am pretty sure there are other makes that do the same but a bit cheaper. But I have only used the easy hit ones so you might have to do some research.