Thirsty

Guest MOLLY

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Which 4x4 has the best fuel consumption, but also has good speed acceleration?

Anyone know what the Troopers are like?

landrover disco diesel will do about 30mpg,trooper is a thirsty beast used one last winter 3.1 turbo diesel it was doing low 20 odd mpg

A BMW X5 molly, shit off a stick and pretty economical....:D but seriously all the new style pickups will do around or over 30mpg hilux/l200/navara the older l200's weren't as economical with the old style 2.5td engines in... but most diesel 4x4 vehicles ie discovery/shogun/trooper/landcruiser/defender your looking at between 23-30mpg if your wanting higher mpg, get a car :D

What the hell am I doing wrong with my Navara, well serviced, new filters and oil and still only manage 26mpg when driving like an old fart?????????

Ians right about the X5, very very quick :yes: watched Top Gear last night, get a hummer, they manage 1mpg when thrashed :icon_eek::D

Guest MOLLY
if your wanting higher mpg, get a car :D

If i needed a car i would'nt have asked.....blonde i may be, stupid i aint :D

I am crap with maths though :laugh: ....would the high cost of road tax for new models not outweigh or equal the cost of better mph?

MOLL.

Oh well just stick with the thirsty 4x4's :D ...

If your buying 2006 onwards the tax bracket has increased anything before then will be as was I think... :blink: Just go for a shogun or disco moll you know it makes sense, comfortable ride, solid and capable offroad.........

Some people may think it's not much more than a car; but my Hyundai Santa Fe 4x4 2 ltr diesel does over 40 mpg, driven carefully; has very good comfort and plenty of room, gets us, the dogs and all the fishing gear everywhere we need to go. Me and Longdogrunner went beating up Northumberland in it a couple of times, and got everywhere the other 4x4s got .

Cheers.

Guest MOLLY

Similar to you Chartpolski, i already have a 4x4 and i absolutley love it, if you imagine a cross between a pajero and a jeep. Has a mercedes benz engine. It does everything i want and more and is completely capable off road, only problem is, i only get about 200 miles for a FULL tank of petrol :( Because its not a popular type (kerando) parts are very expensive and hard to get. Plus i need a long wheel base, not enough room in the back.

Ill look at those then Ian ;)

MOLL.

What the hell am I doing wrong with my Navara, well serviced, new filters and oil and still only manage 26mpg when driving like an old fart?????????

Ians right about the X5, very very quick :yes: watched Top Gear last night, get a hummer, they manage 1mpg when thrashed :icon_eek::D

It sounds like its running slightly rich Simoman! but as you say its serviced regular so the Airfilter must have been changed, I'm no expert but perhaps the Pump may need slightly adjusting, the Missus uses this Nav twice a day backwards and forwards to the school plus a bit of shopping about the town and it still seems to bring back no less than 30 on a bad day! having said that perhaps mine is running too weak as I drove Millets and no doubt about it it had a bit more go when you put your boot down...

Cheers

Jasper

i have a rodeo single cab , 3.1 turbo 4x4 , does 30+ mpg on short trips,upto about 20 miles and i,m usually carrying a good bit weight in the back, never tried it on a long trip ,mind a long trip to me is 30 miles