So far I have owned two 4 x 4's!! a Mitsubishi Pajero which was excellent off road and smooth on Road but a bit thirsty, the Next one is a Navara! I'm pleased as punch with this motor which will generally do an average of the earley 30's MPG and up to the mids on a run, there plenty of room in the back but I havn't really tested it off road yet.

If you could chose a 4 x 4 which is a good all rounder! a good off roader! returning a fairly decent MPG which suits all your needs!! which make and model would it be?

This is what i use its a pajero 2,5 turbo diesel, its 17 years old and still going strong, it would,nt be the best in the mpg stakes but hey, you cant have it everyway, this is all the 4x4 you,ll ever need :toast::toast::toast:

Edited by reynardhunter

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

had a discovery,good vehicle heavy on juice tho,it was going well untill some prick in a fiesta wrote it off :no::D:D:D

ive got a nissan D2 single cab now,loads of room for the dogs and better on juice than the disco,mind you its a good few years newer than that,havent taken it off road properly yet tho.allso got subaru between me and the boys for coursing,its the kiddy.

I used to have an Izuzu trooper 3.1td SWB had it kitted out with bull bar and spots spotlight in the roof. Set of wide ass wheels I could get it any where never got stuck would go over any ground I tried and when I was out lamping I scared the sh*te out of a few people with some of the bankings I would just drive over not looking and the ex would sit in the back and piss herself at grown men screaming. Got a Ford Ranger Double cab 2.5td dont know what its like off road yet because still got road tyres on it only had it a month saving my pennies to get my BFG mud terrains £107 a corner.

Regards highlander

Guest alastair
I used to have an Izuzu trooper 3.1td SWB had it kitted out with bull bar and spots spotlight in the roof. Set of wide ass wheels I could get it any where never got stuck would go over any ground I tried and when I was out lamping I scared the sh*te out of a few people with some of the bankings I would just drive over not looking and the ex would sit in the back and piss herself at grown men screaming. Got a Ford Ranger Double cab 2.5td dont know what its like off road yet because still got road tyres on it only had it a month saving my pennies to get my BFG mud terrains £107 a corner.

Regards highlander

:clapper: good motors them isuzu ,ive had 4 of em,and never let me down,they do roll a bit ,but go on for ever

Regards highlander

:clapper: good motors them isuzu ,ive had 4 of em,and never let me down,they do roll a bit ,but go on for ever

I put pro comp shocks on my one took the roll right out I could take some corners at some speeds with my one I raced a boy racer night for a craic the guy couldnt belive that I could throw the truck around just as he could in his pocket rocket.

yeah there mint lol :blink: inless your trying go go down a simple grass slope and crashing in to a electric fence +breaking it with some of your so called mates that you stiched up, on a bit of land that you have'nt even got permission for!

Aye josh that cant be topper/roger then as hes got that much permission theres not enough time in the year to get round it all :whistling::clapper: .

always been a landrover fan ,cheap to fix always parts available.

worrying thing i saw on tv a while back was that the army are in the middle of test driving some jap stuff with the mind to replacing landrover,hope it doesnt hurt them too much losing a big contract like that..

I had a SWB seies 111 then got a defender and have had both of them stuck up to the axles in shit. Now I've got a L200 because I needed a pick up for work and couldn't find a landy that was suitable at the time. All I can say is that there is no way I would take the L200 to some of the places I've been in either of the landy's.

• 2 weeks later...

i have a mk1 discovery for daily use, a 90 for offroading, an sj413 trialer for where the 90 won't go and a classic v8 range rover....i also have a shogun which is now a target/pellet trap up the garden (worse thing i've ever driven) and an early land cruiser that the dog lives in (it got stuck down the yard and i never bothered moving it again it wasn't worth it) i did have a quad but some tosser nicked it :angry:

the best one ? i'd say the discovery