• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hi i got a disco 1 tdi been a good motor for me,off roaded it alot plenty of room for the mutts and kids

,anyone who says there motor never gets stuck,hasnt tried hard enough lol.only problem i had with it

was when it started to leak water like a sieve,mind you we was in billing aquadrome lake lol. :icon_eek:

Guest karlos

LOL @ blackfell :clapper:

Yeah thats the SJ LL there not a hairdressers mobile i like the look of them just dont see many about road legal up here maybe a few knocking around on the bay though.

Guest The Shaman

For work I use a Landy Defender 110. Goes where I want mostly. I also have a John Deere Gator - think Banana Splits (if that one went over your head your too young by far).

I also have a Suzuki Jimny, looks a bit gay, but goes everywhere I want when I'm out shooting. Cheap as chips to run. Kids p*ss themselves when I toot the horn though :icon_redface: gonna have to do something with that. :blink:

I've a Daihatsu Fourtrak van at the moment but the best i've had for moving me and the dogs has to be SJ 413.

Loads of bits for 'em, cheap to run, cheap to insure, nippy, go lots of places, reliable, just looked a bit 'sweet and smashing ' thats all :kiss:

I have a 1993 Daihatsu Fourtrak at work and it's as rough as a dog's rattly bits, but it's indestructible.

It's been rolled, ploughed into the front of a house, been in a canal and rammed by bulls (none of which involved me) but it's still going strong and never gets bogged.

No heating, no radio, mpg is brutal and handles like a boat on the road, but loved by everyone. We also have a new Mitsubishi Warrior for longer road trips so the Daihatsu will stay until it falls apart.

Worth every penny that it cost 14 years ago.

talking about SJs, there's one growing in our shed :laugh: . The places we've been in this :icon_eek: , usually had to walk back to the yard, get the quad, take a winch/turfor with us, anchor it to a tree and drag it out :whistle: :laugh:

Al :drink:

I'm now going through grief from the missus to sell the Nav and get a Freelander TD4 :doh:, she reckons she hates going shopping in it, hates parking it as its too long for most spaces, and last night she told me someone called her a Butch Lesbo in the Aldi Carpark :kiss:, not a bad idea that? she could bring her pal home with her then :drink:.

Reading up on Freelanders they read like they do get a few problems expecially the pre 2000 models, does anyone else rate them or hate them??

Cheers

Jasper

CANT BEAT A TOYMOTOR LAND CRUISER I HAVE TAKEN MINE PLACES YOU WOULDNT DREAM OF TAKING A LANDROVER AND IVE LOST COUNT OF THE LANDIES DISCOS AND RANGE ROVERS I HAVE PULLED OUT THE CRAP IT BRILLIANT OF ROAD VERY COMFORTABLE ON ROAD AND HAS NOW DONE 314,000 AND NEVER BEEN TOUCHED APART FROM THE FRONT HUBS THAT HAVE BEEN DONE TWICE AND FOR A 4.2 TD SHE STILL TURNS IN 31 MPG JUST BROUGHT A NEW ONE AND PENSIONED THE OLD GIRL OF AS JUST FOR DOGS AND SHOOTING SHOULD BE GOOD FOR 10 MORE YEARS

CANT BEAT A TOYMOTOR LAND CRUISER I HAVE TAKEN MINE PLACES YOU WOULDNT DREAM OF TAKING A LANDROVER AND IVE LOST COUNT OF THE LANDIES DISCOS AND RANGE ROVERS I HAVE PULLED OUT THE CRAP IT BRILLIANT OF ROAD VERY COMFORTABLE ON ROAD AND HAS NOW DONE 314,000 AND NEVER BEEN TOUCHED APART FROM THE FRONT HUBS THAT HAVE BEEN DONE TWICE AND FOR A 4.2 TD SHE STILL TURNS IN 31 MPG JUST BROUGHT A NEW ONE AND PENSIONED THE OLD GIRL OF AS JUST FOR DOGS AND SHOOTING SHOULD BE GOOD FOR 10 MORE YEARS

yeah there mint lol :blink: inless your trying go go down a simple grass slope and crashing in to a electric fence +breaking it with some of your so called mates that you stiched up, on a bit of land that you have'nt even got permission for!