NS200 V Pulsar 550 V ?

Folks,

I've started to think about entering the NV world, but have to confess to being quite daunted with the various options.

Predominantly for fox control, I'd thought about the Pulsar 550 unit, fitted to a .243, as I do my own reloading, however having read some reports on here, there seems to be a view that the NS200 Nite Site, is a better prospect, without the need to disturb any day set-up.

I guess my requirements are; something that will work effectively out to say 200Yds for foxes.

Questions:

Can the NS200 be ennhanced with a better IR system

Realistically can it be used to 200Yds? Reports are conflicting.

Is there something better that can be purchased for the money? I guess my budget is around £1000

I have to confess liking the NS200 concept, but like everything else, specifications tend to be 'exagerated'.

Any advice, or experience would be greatly received.

Thanks

i have a ns200 mate and a nice bit of kit and as you say mate on and off in minutes and no need to dedicate a rifle to nv. i get a quality shootable image for my needs and way past check out verminhunters tv SI and Davys channel on you tube nice reviews there mate. its a diffrent shooting style but i got used to it in minutes and its basically plug and play no need for additional ir source if set up right i havent checked for max distance as only shoot airgun ranges but i have had a clear shootable image at 140 yards and would probably go further if needed. as for the n550 have heard some great things also but have not used one long enough to comment other than the ones i looked through have been great. ATB Aaron

edited to say i have only used the ns200 on an MTC Mamba and Mamba light aswell as an hawke panorama ev ao and couldnt comment on how it would work on any other scopes mate. but all the above work fine. a parralax adjustable scope would in my opinion be preferable though.

• Like 1

i have a ns200 mate and a nice bit of kit and as you say mate on and off in minutes and no need to dedicate a rifle to nv. i get a quality shootable image for my needs and way past check out verminhunters tv SI and Davys channel on you tube nice reviews there mate. its a diffrent shooting style but i got used to it in minutes and its basically plug and play no need for additional ir source if set up right i havent checked for max distance as only shoot airgun ranges but i have had a clear shootable image at 140 yards and would probably go further if needed. as for the n550 have heard some great things also but have not used one long enough to comment other than the ones i looked through have been great. ATB Aaron

edited to say i have only used the ns200 on an MTC Mamba and Mamba light aswell as an hawke panorama ev ao and couldnt comment on how it would work on any other scopes mate. but all the above work fine. a parralax adjustable scope would in my opinion be preferable though.

+1 for the NS200 i have one and it works a treat.. easy to install and great images...

before buying any of these items i would advise trying them out . i have a n550 and with add i/r and doubler can clearly see out to 200 yds . i have only tried ns 200 out on airgun and wasnt comfortable with looking at screen ,as i found it an unnatural holding position , which might be more of an issue with a higher recoiling gun .someone else might find the position to be okay . that is reason for trying before you commit to buying.put a post on here to see if someone near you would let you try it out.although there is a bigger price to buy a n550 if you buy a new one there is a 3 year warranty where if i am not mistaken an ns200 has a 1 year one ( if that assumption is wrong i will stand to be corrected ) if you buy second hand n550 i dont think the warranty is valid ( check first ) as i think it only covers original purchaser.good luck whichever one you choose.

• Like 1
Guest scramble

Folks,

I've started to think about entering the NV world, but have to confess to being quite daunted with the various options.

Predominantly for fox control, I'd thought about the Pulsar 550 unit, fitted to a .243, as I do my own reloading, however having read some reports on here, there seems to be a view that the NS200 Nite Site, is a better prospect, without the need to disturb any day set-up.

I guess my requirements are; something that will work effectively out to say 200Yds for foxes.

Questions:

Is there something better that can be purchased for the money? I guess my budget is around £1000

I have to confess liking the NS200 concept, but like everything else, specifications tend to be 'exagerated'.

Thanks

Build one for yourself there's plenty of info on what you need to buy & where to buy from. it'll save you a heap of cash.

SCRAMBLE

• Like 1

Heres my take on it so far:

NS200 is cheapest but the screen may not be easy to use + scrambling about at night could cause damage. Also not sure about illumination from screen Id however like to try one on my Docter scope.

Pulsar 550 means a night vision only set-up and possibly better performance particularly with a decent IR. Costs around another £400 mind!

Next up is the Archer Starlight which fits on the end of the scope, albeit quite long and requiring a but extension. Weighing in at around £1600, its a lot more expensive but looks like the best performer?

Have I missed anything?

Folks,

Questions:

Thanks

Build one for yourself there's plenty of info on what you need to buy & where to buy from. it'll save you a heap of cash.

SCRAMBLE

I'll also have a look at this option too thanks.

not wishing to bugger up my day scope, which is awesome, im leaning towards a Gen3 Starlight Archer, grade D tube.

Im going to a NV demo on wednesday night, which I hope will help to make a decision. You won't beat the Starlight Archer , i have tried most but the Archer is a spotter and put on your scope you need nothing else , i have shot Foxes out 220 yards total darkness. save up and you wont regret it.

Cheers mate, it does get very good press. I'd hate to waste a few hundred quid on a compromise set up. Only thing putting me off is the extra few onto the scope end. How do you find shooting with that?

Is it easy enough to go from spotting to sticking in on the scope?

Its a big investment mind!

the trouble is a grand isn't enuf for [bANNED TEXT] your needs are. unless you go digitall . i have a nite hunter unit and have shot foxes out to 250 yards the footage is on you tube under b4ger731 .non of the other digitall stuff can give a pitcher like it. and you would only spend about half you grand. i sold my pvs 14 i dont need it any more. some people dont like digitall but i love it . i press a button and the unit records as im shooting . the unit as been tested on a 243 .go on you tube and see it perform

Edited by 72line per