this has just come in time

a fourtrack is rated the same as a landrover so i am told

your told wrong then mate, there is no way on this planet that a fourtrak will ever ever tow 3.5 tonne and be safe doing it, it would push you straight off the road, 110 Defender or a discovery is the only way to go, I have a few trailers at work and they are plated at 850kg, basically it allows me to put 2150 kg's on the trailer, now Plenty of people go on about the Landcruiser being the dogs danglies, but when you move vehicles up and down like I do you get to know quite quickly what cuts the mootard, the Landcruiser is grand until you really put the weight on and they too get pushed around, good piece of kit Toyota don't get me wrong but they aint the real deal when it comes to towing heavy gear.

a four track is rated to tow 3 1/2 ton.got to agree about it not towing it safley but it will certainly pull it,had a few fourtracks over the years and always towed trailers with them they are a good tool.once i could afford it though i got a discovery and it nearly halfed my diesel bill.

• 1 month later...

denver max rodeo the new models are suplyed with a power pack to boost the horse power.

we use it to pull a ifor williams horse trailor with a 16.1 horse inside and it does the job easy with a good mpg , it also does a good job off road with the dogs with the correct tyres on.

new model is just out with a more powerfull engine

Edited by shaun v
Guest chopperharvey
denver max rodeo the new models are suplyed with a power pack to boost the horse power.

we use it to pull a ifor williams horse trailor with a 16.1 horse inside and it does the job easy with a good mpg , it also does a good job off road with the dogs with the correct tyres on.

new model is just out with a more powerfull engine

I got pulled by v.o.s.a and you would only need a taco fitted if you are travelling more than 50km from your yard.it doesnt have to be a taco you can get a log book that you log driving/working hours in.hope this helps i'd go transit 4x4 135bhp we use 2wd transits at work and they tow 3.5ton fine.

what 4x4 can tow the most weight iam looking to start working for myself fulltime again and need somthing what can tow a 3 1/2 ton ifor williams trailor ...i know a landrover can tow this but is there anything else that can tow this legally..???? cheers snoop

Just curious snoopdog, what will you be tugging that weighs that much?