Woodcock-nice to see them back

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That’s not my experience. All the birds we shoot and that are shot on estates local to me are processed by game dealers. A lot of them are exported to the continent. Any that are too badly damaged hav

Young lads first timberdick shot on my keepers day last week ...he has had another since ....we started off with decent numbers in December but have dwindled away in my area ....saw a few with the the

Posted Images

• 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Saw 2 today, I was ferreting and they've flushed, not far one from the other, I couldn't take the shot at either of them. I am getting a German Pointer next months... Can't wait for my pup to be old enough to point them!!! Beautiful bird!!!

• Like 1

Dog put one up yesterday just as it was getting dark .

That's the first this winter from that wood. Reckon that's them dropping in to Argyllshire ahead of the snow as Inverness shire got a good dusting during the week.

It's brilliant to have them back . Nothing better than watching the dog scent them and flush them close.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Terrible year for them down here, haven't flushed more than a dozen the entire season,

Normally you'd be raising 20+ every day but I think it's just too warm for them.

That's an interesting thought, I was wondering how the warm spell might have affected them, since most of them a migratory do you think the warm weather would trick them in to heading back North?