Woodcock-nice to see them back

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That’s not my experience. All the birds we shoot and that are shot on estates local to me are processed by game dealers. A lot of them are exported to the continent. Any that are too badly damaged hav

Young lads first timberdick shot on my keepers day last week ...he has had another since ....we started off with decent numbers in December but have dwindled away in my area ....saw a few with the the

Posted Images

sorry i should of put it better its over 16000 acres mate it just the moss thats 3 acres and we only shoot it once mabey twice a year the group we had a month ago are the only people to shoot the moss this year we had the other groups on different bit on the estate :thumbs:

Edited by bryson
  • Like 1
Guest long-tail

dont see them very often,usualy the terrier will put the odd one up in the woods when mooching about although tend to see more when im out lamping with the dog but spotted this one the other day and as iv never eaten one thought id give it a go. :thumbs:

4FA0F227-5A0A-4F11-92B8-75EA212C5485-28740-00002B2167C33F35.jpg

• Like 1

dont see them very often,usualy the terrier will put the odd one up in the woods when mooching about although tend to see more when im out lamping with the dog but spotted this one the other day and as iv never eaten one thought id give it a go. :thumbs:

Nice shooting and pic long tail........result.

Guest long-tail

Nice shooting and pic long tail........result.

with a crown of pheasant happy days :thumbs:

005_zpsf7845180.jpg

Edited by long-tail

I think their numbers are way up on last year from what people have said.

Also I think there are a lot more than people realise, according to the RSPB there's 1.6 million of them over winter here in the UK.