Opinions on a couple of 4x4s

I'm still considering getting a 4x4 for work around the place and I wouldn't mind some opinions on a few of them if any of you have first hand experience of them.

I don't really mind what it is, big or small, so long as its a workhorse for the usual shooting/keepering related jobs.

I have narrowed it down to three that I've been told are fairly bomb proof,

1. Mitsubishi Pajero/Shogun 2.8

2. Isuzu Trooper 3.1

3. Suzuki Grand Vitara 2.0

Any opinions folks?

SS :thumbs:

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've had a few terranos and I can't fault them, I'm using one now and I average about 700 mile a week and It's never missed a beat, plenty of power and pretty good off road, the engines are bullet pro

Much better equipped rust free motors, the shoguns I looked at were utter shite so I imported my own Pajero. 12 yrs old and the boltheads on the chassis were like new. No contest. The interior was

I have an 03 mitsibushi l200 2.5 TD for sale full leather hanging bars in the back for game new suspension all round new turbo new reconditioned engine .... Needs two new front tyres and there is a dink in the left wing I am looking for £2,800 for a quick sale if your interested .....

I have an 03 mitsibushi l200 2.5 TD for sale full leather hanging bars in the back for game new suspension all round new turbo new reconditioned engine .... Needs two new front tyres and there is a dink in the left wing I am looking for £2,800 for a quick sale if your interested .....

That's gonna be out of my budget for my workhorse Socks, but thanks for letting me know :thumbs:

never had an Isuzu, but know few who have and seem ok, as workhorse etc, shoguns are usually overpriced, and parts too..ive had few landies, but lots of variants- but parts are cheap and lots of different comfort levels- they can be luxury or tin box- ive driven both- go for mid range maybe a disco- the old series are v cold in winter- i have even had a nissan terrano, ( which is a clone of ford maverick 2.7td, which drives fine, and has goood clearance the LWB has good load space, if u get ford parts they are cheap to run- dont go via nissan its wallet busting..iv enever drove a suzuki, but know some guys offroad the small ones, the grand vitara are usually looked on as a poor mans 4x4...(not on price mind)

1x hob

HW45

HW95

Edited by jeffinmarske

never had an Isuzu, but know few who have and seem ok, as workhorse etc, shoguns are usually overpriced, and parts too..ive had few landies, but lots of variants- but parts are cheap and lots of different comfort levels- they can be luxury or tin box- ive driven both- go for mid range maybe a disco- the old series are v cold in winter- i have even had a nissan terrano, ( which is a clone of ford maverick 2.7td, which drives fine, and has goood clearance the LWB has good load space, if u get ford parts they are cheap to run- dont go via nissan its wallet busting..iv enever drove a suzuki, but know some guys offroad the small ones, the grand vitara are usually looked on as a poor mans 4x4...(not on price mind)

1x hob

HW45

HW95

not a clone of the maverick, it is a nissan with different badges and keys, dont know about the older suzuki`s but the newer ones with the 2,4 engine are, if anything, a bit better on fuel than the 1.9 diesel, cheaper fuel, more power, smoother to drive, cant understand why anyone buys the renault engined version

I've had a few terranos and I can't fault them, I'm using one now and I average about 700 mile a week and It's never missed a beat, plenty of power and pretty good off road, the engines are bullet proof....

• Like 1