deer dogs (preban)

what did you find was a real test for you dog

when a 190lb stag decides he aint going to run no more, and face's a dog , thats a test if you got a deer dog. :yes:

To be honest Ray if you've got a good deer dog it should NEVER come to that but obviously you will have the exception? :yes: ..they should be pulled long before it get's to the stage of the deer being ran to exhaustion imo :thumbs:

They don't always stop because they're exhausted, sometimes they stop because they reckon they've got a fighting chance. Adrenalin will do that to them.

• Replies 765
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Mates little whippet was a good deer dog pre ban 19tts. Very capable little bitch was Skippy

couple more in me youth.many many moons ago.when i was kean , now the ban i sit back and just think of the good old day,s,,

An old pre ban one a dog bred out of a 22tts lamp bitch to a first cross saluki/grey called jed from county duram.

Posted Images

Guest bigdaddylongchopper

when a 190lb stag decides he aint going to run no more, and face's a dog , thats a test if you got a deer dog. :yes:

To be honest Ray if you've got a good deer dog it should NEVER come to that but obviously you will have the exception? :yes: ..they should be pulled long before it get's to the stage of the deer being ran to exhaustion imo :thumbs:

this time of year not all bucks will run fuji :thumbs:

when a 190lb fallow stag decides he aint going to run no more, and face's a dog , thats a test if you got a deer dog. :yes:

Not asking you bird but what does a deer dog do at this point?

i suppose a good deer dog would get the job done or at the very least give it its all...... if it does feck all its jacked........

They don't always stop because they're exhausted, sometimes they stop because they reckon they've got a fighting chance. Adrenalin will do that to them.

Yes,i agree especially more chance of it happening at this time of year when they are rutting ;)

Guest bigdaddylongchopper

when a 190lb fallow stag decides he aint going to run no more, and face's a dog , thats a test if you got a deer dog. :yes:

Not asking you bird but what does a deer dog do at this point?

a gooden will kill it ;)

• Like 1

but what about the ones the don't run in rutting season.

Yes,i agree especially more chance of it happening at this time of year when they are rutting ;)

defonitely, thats why you keep your distance when the rutting season is on, because they will challenge you. always makes me laugh when you go to these deer parks, which you can get within 10 foot, and you see a 3 year old no more than 10 metres from a stag while the parents are taking pictures

Edited by fieldsportsman

true, :thumbs: yeh its the quality of the dog , you need a 100% dog on a fallow stag, and not all dogs are .!

• Like 2

You never had a Roe buck turn and face the dogs?

I heard a story of a roe buck that stood and lowered his head while a dog was hurtling down the beam towards it but ( so I am told) it blinked and tried to turn and run at the last minute when the dog was about 20 yds off it.

• Like 1