deer dogs (preban)

• Replies 765
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Mates little whippet was a good deer dog pre ban 19tts. Very capable little bitch was Skippy

couple more in me youth.many many moons ago.when i was kean , now the ban i sit back and just think of the good old day,s,,

An old pre ban one a dog bred out of a 22tts lamp bitch to a first cross saluki/grey called jed from county duram.

Posted Images

ive had big and small seen both do well but for me its big

As much as it pains me to say it, I agree. I prefer a big dog. They can cover ground a lot quicker, have more power when they connect and can jump obstacles in full flight to match most deer.

Think the bigger dog would be better not hard to work that one out but some we dogs can handle then as well maybe not as good or fast but can still do it :thumbs:

I've seen plenty of small dogs over the years that've made me realise that it's the heart inside them that counts.

• Like 2

Kranky's an illiterate mongo too, he pays this lad that looks like Rodney Trotter to type for him.

That lanky wretch has trouble reading! He thought his name was Primark for years because it was written in his coat!!

Seen plenty sika some big bucks what makes them easier ?

I thought Darcy would've popped back on with some answers. No one that's said they were easy has offered any explanation as to why.
HAW HAW HAW oooooooohhhhhh FFs that's quality :laugh: :laugh: :laugh::notworthy: cheered me up that did :laugh:

I reckon that he's currently writing another book where all will be revealed, I might offer him a couple of quid for him to explain why he thinks Sika are the easiest of all the deer. :laugh: I'm curious, I never had a chance to run them but I did run other species, I find it a bit unusual that a deer of that size would be slower or have less fight in it than a CWD.
Are you questioning the man? :laugh: look forward to the barrage of abuse from his followers :D

Well, I asked a question, then I asked a couple of more times in case it'd been missed. When I realised that it was being ignored I thought I'd chuck it out there!! I only want an answer, I'm not doubting anyone I'm just curious. I can take a bit of abuse, as long as those dishing it out can take it back and know as much as me, there's nothing worse than someone gobbing off and then folding like a quick release deckchair when they can't Google the answers to my questions quick enough!!! LOL!!!

chartpolski............. :hmm::bye:
Nope! The old duffer couldn't write as well as I do. He was exactly the sort I'm talking about, he'd give it out but couldn't take it and he made up loads of stuff about hunting in the Arab states. He never did any of the stuff he said because non Arabs don't get taken out hunting.
yeah yeah LOL cheers

i believe preban whippet size lurcher types and even straight whipps took the smaller deer preban , but lets think sensibly here taking fallow single 2ta 3 times a week in numbers needs a animal of quality and good size plus alll the oyther contributing factors a smaller lighter animal may posses. a good un makes it look easy which in some cases is with the right tool . atb bunnys.