Why does there need to be a scientific explanation or reason Peter?

I dont have the answer to your question but I do know a lot of lads that feed it as a staple and the dogs look great on it and they perform on it. Isn’t this reason enough?

Also I know that when a wild dog or whatever canivore for that matter makes a kill, it eats the stomach first?

Atb

Gaz

• Like 1

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wrong!   Green tripe is the stomach meat of cow, bison, or lamb, and the greens they have eaten, all in one miracle food. The perfect combination of high quality protein and green vegetation, rich i

Don't forget to boil it first in the kitchen to get rid of all the worm cyst's..

If your not feeding your dogs whole animals, then I'll fink you'll find tripe is pretty essential if your feeding a BARF diet. Peter, I take it you don't like the smell

Posted Images

peter one would assume tested over time with good results , the green tripe as some very good pluse namely the one mentioned probiotics we know this enables the gut to stay healthy and iinhibits appetite . they aint much else needed to make the diet decent brown bread good enough , some use biscuit of the wholemeal variety what eva one chooses there choice but tripe aint cheep bying per 1lb . i would allways consider the minced chicken not carcass breasts for a mix with the tripe and bits and extras the chicken if sourced can be cheeper . . than most meats ,whateva one uses variety is the key . atb bunnys.

Well I just gave my pup her 1st portion of green trip and she made it f+ck back! It wasn't a lot but she looks rather bloated now lol, and christ I opened up the rapper and all I could smell was cow shite! I've split a 1lb block into 5 smaller portions and at 1.50 for a lb I supose over a course of 5 days isn't that bad actually, she's only a small dog so that with mixer is plenty.

peter one would assume tested over time with good results , the green tripe as some very good pluse namely the one mentioned probiotics we know this enables the gut to stay healthy and iinhibits appetite . they aint much else needed to make the diet decent brown bread good enough , some use biscuit of the wholemeal variety what eva one chooses there choice but tripe aint cheep bying per 1lb . i would allways consider the minced chicken not carcass breasts for a mix with the tripe and bits and extras the chicken if sourced can be cheeper . . than most meats ,whateva one uses variety is the key . atb bunnys.

:yes:Sensible post....

Folk get all worked up over such matters,..whereas the truth is,..unless you are talking high performance dogs,..which require a well thought out diet,..raw green tripe,.mixed with various other 'bits and pieces',. is a nice meal for a lurcher,.or a terrier....

The problem today, is in locating a regular supplier (Abattoir)...that will sell you sheep paunches and Beef Tripe's, at a reasonable price..

Years ago,..I used to purchase sheep's heads, cow udder, hearts, kidneys..etc,.etc,.dirt cheap,..but, for most lads, them days are long gone....The Pet food guys who supply the 'Barf Party',..now rule the roost,. and purchase everything they can get...

Such is life... :laugh:

I dont have the answer to your question but I do know a lot of lads that feed it as a staple and the dogs look great on it and they perform on it. Isn’t this reason enough?

Also I know that when a wild dog or whatever canivore for that matter makes a kill, it eats the stomach first?

Atb

Gaz

gareth it dosent need to be a scientific reason just a common sense one will do your dogs are not wild animals they are domesticated pets that's a stupid comparison do you reckon Rooney and co still exist on steak of course not some people are stuck in the past with feeding you have to give a working dog the best chance

It puts weight on the dogs, what do dogs use for energy...fat. That is why they will lose weight quickly after some hard graft.

Tripe is used in Barf to give a balance. I personally mix it with chicken mince.

If used on it's own I can see where you are coming from.

Atb

Gaz

gareth it dosent need to be a scientific reason just a common sense one will do your dogs are not wild animals they are domesticated pets that's a stupid comparison do you reckon Rooney and co still exist on steak of course not some people are stuck in the past with feeding you have to give a working dog the best chance

You still haven't said why its not a good food? The answer I gave you was not a stupid comparison. It was a common sense take on things.

Rooney and co eat steak? Of course they do.

I'm a semi pro boxer and pretty much live off steak, eggs, chicken, milk, veg etc. That's not changed much from boxers a few hundred years ago has it?

Gaz

your never serious gareth athletes have been avoiding red meat for years i should of thought a top boxer would no that it sounds like you just watched a rocky film mate do you drink 10 raw eggs in a glass as well lol steak is too heavy an athlete wants fish chicken sweet potato green veg oats how do you load your carbs and what benefit is steak or milk to any athlete milk is water platelets what use is it in an athletes diet.tripe does for a dog what steak does for a man it fills you up increases appetite meaning weight gain if your dog works daily even weekly why do you want him gaining and holding weight it's up to you how you feed gareth but your ideas are so dated

your never serious gareth athletes have been avoiding red meat for years i should of thought a top boxer would no that it sounds like you just watched a rocky film mate do you drink 10 raw eggs in a glass as well lol steak is too heavy an athlete wants fish chicken sweet potato green veg oats how do you load your carbs and what benefit is steak or milk to any athlete milk is water platelets what use is it in an athletes diet.tripe does for a dog what steak does for a man it fills you up increases appetite meaning weight gain if your dog works daily even weekly why do you want him gaining and holding weight it's up to you how you feed gareth but your ideas are so dated

Sounds to me like your trying to bring science into things too much Peter.

I know alot of lads at the gym who body build and take there diets VERY seriously. I get in decent shape for a fight and dont take my diet to them extremes at all, I dont count calories or macros. I eat ALOT of red meat, and yes i drink my eggs in milk :thumbs:

I know alot of lads at the gym who body build and take there diets VERY seriously. I get in decent shape for a fight and dont take my diet to them extremes at all, I dont count calories or macros. I eat ALOT of red meat, and yes i drink my eggs in milk :thumbs:

gareth it is quite a well known fact .. dogs get there protean from fat they covert fat into protean .. tripe will do know harm but the water content is high ,, ;)

the reason such as tripe fatty etc, is the lamping type animal run hard over several nights will benefit from tripe they need to hold condition those taking large numbers and run 2 ta 3 night per week will if not naturally the type who hold condition welll when trun hard , go to nothing skin and bone . one of the reasons as some cana take excessive numbers on a night ids for this very fact as like a battery they run out, so to speak . the coursing type differs tfrom the lamping type and steps on the diet can be different fatts are the main fuel for the lamper chicken carcass backs etc tripe very little else needed . atb bunnys.

gareth it is quite a well known fact .. dogs get there protean from fat they covert fat into protean .. tripe will do know harm but the water content is high ,, ;)

Dogs convert fat to protein? Are you SURE?

Thats like saying you can convert metal to plastic...

Dogs convert fat to protein? Are you SURE?

Thats like saying you can convert metal to plastic...

look it up gareth !! there metabalism is very different from human do a serch think you will find i am correct ;)