Sign in to follow this  
earlystart

Raw tripe

Guest Moscow

Raw tripe gives dogs worms badly :yes: mine get a tripe a week before I worm them as a treat.

Its a decent mixer with a good complete dog food as long as you worm your dogs twice as often as normal.

Raw tripe gives dogs worms badly :yes: mine get a tripe a week before I worm them as a treat.

Its a decent mixer with a good complete dog food as long as you worm your dogs twice as often as normal.

Really? Where have you heard that?

Not saying you are wrong, just never heard it.

Surely worms is something they pick up? It cant be in the tripe as tripe is frozen for weeks before hand.

Gaz

You haven't got a clue mate. Not a scooby doo.

Take care :thumbs:

lol i have and that was your trouble lol

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/f/fe/Fingers_and_thumb_in_circle_downward_motion.jpg

like i said when you get older you might understand its sometimes easier to just admit you do not no what you are talking about instead of having to end up with childish attemps to insult lol

sheeps paunch being much smaller than a cows gut it was always beleived sheep carry far more parasites but today's farmers worm even more regular than pet owners so the risk is small tripe is not harmful just a low quality feed for active dogs

Guest Moscow

Iam speaking from experience of feeding raw green tripe both sheep and cows straight from a slaughter house not frozen or processed in any way fed regulary to dogs they get worms much than they normaly would fed on meal :yes:

ETA: This was 20 year ago, with worming methods being better these days it may not be quite so bad!

Edited by Moscow