142 replies to this topic

#1 earlystart

earlystart

Mega Hunter

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 662 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 07:39 pm

Any feed there dogs raw tripe? If so how do your dogs do on it? Do you worm more often? And what do you feed with it? Thanks

#2 THE STALKER

THE STALKER

Mr Clumsy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,708 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 07:41 pm

Raw Tripe is ok , not to much at once , and don't let your dog lick your wife's face after they have eaten a bowl full lol
  • rob190364 and billy whizz like this

#3 whippet 99

whippet 99

Extreme Hunter

• Donator
  • 6,480 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 07:43 pm

i mix kibble with mine to give them some ruffage

#4 loumic

loumic

Born Hunter

• Donator
  • 210 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 08:09 pm

I feed all my dogs on tripe all year round and also any litters i have but always add a good complete biscuit to it as the tripe doesn't give the dog everything it needs.

#5 bird

bird

6 foot and 12stone 7lb

• Donator
  • 13,608 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 08:23 pm

used to feed it years ago, but now feed raw mince+ chicken i find is better , dogs look well on it good coat, and it dont stink the place out, plus tripe as lot of water in it .!!
  • cammy12 likes this

#6 earlystart

earlystart

Mega Hunter

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 662 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 08:32 pm

used to feed it years ago, but now feed raw mince+ chicken i find is better , dogs look well on it good coat, and it dont stink the place out, plus tripe as lot of water in it .!!

Cheers mate,mate of mine can get it 3 for a hole tripe.

#7 porkybella

porkybella

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • 1,166 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 08:42 pm

Try tpms.co.uk pal i use these i get 12x 1lbs packs of meat and tripe mix chicken lamb or beef for 5 i collect it from there in redditch worcestershire

#8 earlystart

earlystart

Mega Hunter

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 662 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 09:23 pm

Try tpms.co.uk pal i use these i get 12x 1lbs packs of meat and tripe mix chicken lamb or beef for 5 i collect it from there in redditch worcestershire

Cheers!

#9 Peter Leemooch

Peter Leemooch

Mega Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 503 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 11:00 am

I don't no why people still use tripe you be better off feeding tin dog food than that rubbish what's the point it stinks and mostly water anyway

#10 Gaz_1989

Gaz_1989

Elbow Head

• Donator
  • 15,210 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 11:50 am

I don't no why people still use tripe you be better off feeding tin dog food than that rubbish what's the point it stinks and mostly water anyway

Wrong!

Green tripe is the stomach meat of cow, bison, or lamb, and the greens they have eaten, all in one miracle food. The perfect combination of high quality protein and green vegetation, rich in natural nutrition that you just can't get from baked kibble and other cooked, over-processed foods.

The calcium:phosphorous ratio is 1:1, the overall pH is on the acidic side which is better for digestion, protein is 15.1, fat 11.7 and it contains the essential fatty acids in ideal proportions.

What many people don't realize about this miracle food, is that because it is beef, lamb, or buffalo stomach lining, it contains lactic acid bacteria, also known as Lactobacillus Acidophilus, which is the "good" intestinal bacteria. It is the main ingredient in probiotics.

Green tripe is loaded with gastric enzymes, amino acids, and other gastric juices. The gastric enzymes not only help the cow in digestion, but also aid the dogs and cats who eat tripe in digesting and efficiently utilizing their food. Tripe has also been linked to reduced instances of bloat (fatal stomach twisting) in large and giant breed dogs. The amino acids are necessary for muscular development, and the other gastric juices are the best cleaner for teeth!

• lawrence, bunnys, Joe777 and 3 others like this

#11 stabba

stabba

chat room assistant

• Donator
  • 6,037 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 12:22 pm

Compared to other flesh products ie beef..chicken ..lamb and such..tripe comes the bottom of the scale for nutritional value. Never fed it never will. Its trampy as fcuk and stinks the place out :laugh:

#12 paulus

paulus

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • 8,388,607 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 12:28 pm

bird gets 33lb for 7 :D

#13 Peter Leemooch

Peter Leemooch

Mega Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 503 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 04:38 pm

gareth stop working your dog awhile then see the immediate loss of condition on your dog a nutritious food won't allow a dog what's not working to go to pot mate tripe is the worst of meats people use tripe sometimes just for the sake of feeding meat sometimes it's not nessasary

#14 billy whizz

billy whizz

Mega Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 501 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 04:48 pm

i always heard tripe was good for building them up?does stink like hell i feed it no and again.

#15 Peter Leemooch

Peter Leemooch

Mega Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 503 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 04:54 pm

why will it build up if the nutrition value is lower than any other meat all being equal your will build a dog in better shape without tripe that's my opinion anyhow

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users