What gun do you use......Pics Please

Guest Rabbiteer

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

these are my rapids.top one is my mk2/mfr hybred hunting 40ftlbs and 90+ shots fully reworked inturnals.stock made by me in english walnut.

IMG_3223.jpg

IMG_3221.jpg

bottom is my mk1 with s-type reg fitted in .177 200plus shots out the 280cc bottle ,all fully ported and sorted.stock also made by me in tiger maple..i use this for HFT

IMG_3176.jpg

IMG_3174.jpg

Edited by paul42
i have these but one maybe going .

DSCF0010.jpg

Rapid mk1 .177 Hawke 3 3-9x50 MAP Theoben silencer

Rapid mk1 ..20 Bushnell 3200 4-12x40 Awt silencer

Rapid mk1 .22 Nikko sterling 4.5-14 x40 Theoben silencer

if its the .20 your getting rid of then i might be interested :thumbs:

Steve66

They're both Chinese. Gun snobs hang me now!

The bottom one is a copy of the HW95K & you will find it tough to distinguish from the genuine article (a photo of which is on the post above yours incidentally .) Heck, they even copy the rekord trigger!

The quality is surprisingly good & I replaced the barrel weight with a silencer & the performance is easily up there. The main distinguishing feature is the price tag or lack of it.

The underlever has a nice sliding stainless breach but the spring let it down on the internals, so I mended it with a Titan XS & a bespoke spring guide in graphited nylon.

The break barrel is nicer to shoot, but the underlever (whilst as heavy as a HW77 & bearing some similarity) is as accurate as it comes.

Underlever is an SMK XS36-2, the breakbarrel is an SMK XS20. Whilst they're both put out by SMK they're actually made by 2 different manufacturers being Industry Brand & BAM respectively.

I've shot various springers for over 34 years now.

I still have my first BSA Meteor Mk4, refurbished & still firing like a good'n

Some of the low end Chinese stuff is pants, but these 2 are a couple of rough diamonds.

Bare in mind, some people aren't happy unless they they paid top whack & will rubbish anything not made in the UK or Germany or costing less than £hundreds