• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

all depends how many miles you will be travel in 90 s are very good off road but not very good on

Hi my v6 2.5 litre does does between odd to 100 odd miles for 20 quid it depends the way you drive them

i have a 300 tdi and its awsome plenty of power and pulls like a train drove a friends td5 the other week and it was guttless compared to mine   heres a cuple of pics shes a beast

GEY THE 300 TDI MATE,ITS EASIER TO GET PARTS IF NEEDED,THEY ARE GOOD ON JUICE,I JUST PUT A 2.8 ISUZU IN A DEFENDER RECENTLY,JUST FOR A PROJECT TO SEE HOW THEY COMPARE TO LANDYS ENGINES.CANT SAY AT THE MOMENT,STILL SORTING OUT A FEW ISSUES WITH IT,BUT ALOT QUITER ,IF ITS ONLY FOR THE DOGS YOU WONT GO FAR WITH THE LANDYS,

Chears mate, I'm off to look at a 90 tonite, but the misses is tryin to make me get a disco so we can get the baby seat in if needed.

Atb andy

GEY THE 300 TDI MATE,ITS EASIER TO GET PARTS IF NEEDED,THEY ARE GOOD ON JUICE,I JUST PUT A 2.8 ISUZU IN A DEFENDER RECENTLY,JUST FOR A PROJECT TO SEE HOW THEY COMPARE TO LANDYS ENGINES.CANT SAY AT THE MOMENT,STILL SORTING OUT A FEW ISSUES WITH IT,BUT ALOT QUITER ,IF ITS ONLY FOR THE DOGS YOU WONT GO FAR WITH THE LANDYS,

Chears mate, I'm off to look at a 90 tonite, but the misses is tryin to make me get a disco so we can get the baby seat in if needed.

Atb andy

SAME engine mate,the disco is better on road,75 cruiseing speed,compared to 55 defender cruise speed,its all down to transfer box,disco has higher ratio gearing for better on road drive,but the same as defender in lower range for off road,disco nice jeep,better creature comforts if family involved,fantastic heater in them for cold days

Atb andy

SAME engine mate,the disco is better on road,75 cruiseing speed,compared to 55 defender cruise speed,its all down to transfer box,disco has higher ratio gearing for better on road drive,but the same as defender in lower range for off road,disco nice jeep,better creature comforts if family involved,fantastic heater in them for cold days

Yes thorght they would be better for the little one, what's the td5 like?

Thanks andy

TD5 can be a bit troublesome,injectors main problem,they are controled by a ECU,electriconic control unit,now i know there are lads that might jump on me for saying so,mainly because they have them,they are not as good on juice as the 300 tdi,basically 300 tdi were built up until 1998,after that the TD5, came in ,if you go for TD5 get it checked,not as cheap to repair as 300TDI,IF YOU GO FOR 300tdi,STAY AWAY FROM AUTOMATIC,they are to slow to get up speed,stick to manual,

mate stick to the 300tdi piece of pish to work on and parts are easy to get a hold of like some other folk have said disco better on road more comfy for family but if you have another viechle you can use for the family, defender 90 is the way forward way better of road than any thing else posted on this confersation FACT! and there quite good on juice to

Stick with a landy!

As said here numerous times, easy to fix, cheap to fix, and with a decent set of tyres, they'll go anywhere!

I have an OLD series I use, and used it to push a 90 c/w trailer loaded up with clay traps etc.

You can always play about with Diffs etc if you ned the road speed.

Points to look for....ROT!

Anywhere.

90's still makin good money, just compare how new a Jap vehicle you can get compared to the Landy......says something in itself.

You'll still fix and use your landy in 10 years from now.

Make sure you buy a DECENT one, not something that's been tarted up! Take someone with you who knows about older vehicles, and what to look for.

Seen HEAPS of tarted up landys, don't get sucked in by any shiny paint!

Get it home and clean up the underside, get some tins of schutz etc, tip 1/2 out, mix up with old engine oil and absolutely saturate it!

Run it till you'r sick of it, and you'll probabally get your money back when ya sell it!.......Can't say that for your average Jap model.

Stick with a landy!

As said here numerous times, easy to fix, cheap to fix, and with a decent set of tyres, they'll go anywhere!

I have an OLD series I use, and used it to push a 90 c/w trailer loaded up with clay traps etc.

Anywhere.

90's still makin good money, just compare how new a Jap vehicle you can get compared to the Landy......says something in itself.

Make sure you buy a DECENT one, not something that's been tarted up! Take someone with you who knows about older vehicles, and what to look for.

Get it home and clean up the underside, get some tins of schutz etc, tip 1/2 out, mix up with old engine oil and absolutely saturate it!

Run it till you'r sick of it, and you'll probabally get your money back when ya sell it!.......Can't say that for your average Jap model.

Chears mate, thinking about getting a 90 and putting a seat in the back for the bady seat just incase we need to use it, then the misses carnt go mad. Atb andy

Stick with a landy!

Anywhere.

Chears mate, thinking about getting a 90 and putting a seat in the back for the bady seat just incase we need to use it, then the misses carnt go mad. Atb andy

mate you can get a 90 with 3 seats in the front bit of a squeez with 3 adults but you your wife and a baby seat should easy fit!

i like the landys,plastic seats that can get wet,good offroad,cheap parts,and you get a nod from horsey people,but......why the f...k are those seats so uncomfortable,and the steering wheel so close to the window,the clutches pedals are hard to get down ....locks and windows easily broke into....if the modernised them a bit id get another,

Stick with a landy!

Anywhere.

mate you can get a 90 with 3 seats in the front bit of a squeez with 3 adults but you your wife and a baby seat should easy fit!

yes we will prob manage i will just have to look owt for a 3 seater, all the ones iv looked at have been 2 seaters with a cubby box in the middle.

Stick with a landy!

Anywhere.

yes we will prob manage i will just have to look owt for a 3 seater, all the ones iv looked at have been 2 seaters with a cubby box in the middle.

yeah mate you can take the cubby box out and fit a seat your self you will get one of ebay or a local breaker pretty cheap good luck bud