taiwan or o'shamo hen wanted

Pj ,

Do yourself a favour ........

Set goals and stick to them , ..... Of course you will breed culls everyone does and. Believe me the better breeders have rigid standards and cull heavily ........

Notice i said cull not sell .

Because a cull is a cull , no matter what breed , what breeder or what price its sold at .

Duckwing

dw, i must of culled 7/8 of what i hatched this year, of it all i have one stag left. as my goals change, i sell what isnt needed, as the fowl dont fit in with that goal, because they are the wrong breeding or style, not because of health or performance. because i dont personally need them doesnt make them a cull to me, if i didnt want that breeding, and it was a cull, i would cull it, but i see no point in culling perfectly non cull birds simply because they dont fit into my goals, for no fault of their own. this makes me seem like i chop and change my goals/birds, which i dont it just took me a while to figure out the final goal.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Can you not read or are you just a snivelling little bellend?   Duckwing claims if you don't care about the quality of the bird, you won't care for the bird. There's the bullshit foxdigger, I though

raymond1 has already said he wants them to look at and for something that pleaes him! they could have feathered legs and a crest like a poland, but if he likes the bird leave it to him! all this good

Thats fair enough kidda ,

Half the trouble with greenhorns is they dont know what bird they require to be sucessful , and most swap a family before they even had a chance to get to know them ....... It takes a man yrs and yrs to figure out how best to carry on a family .....

Duckwing

• Like 1

I only ever culled due to deformaties, illnesses and injuries, and i would 2 years ago i raised 20 stags to full maturity, and ended up with 14 left at the end of the winter, just as the came into there second year, which, i think 70% is not bad.

I never needed to cull for anything else, proven bloodlines.

so you got 100% success on all that passed the cull test? hmm.........

i mean 100% of birds passed laying trials....

Thats fair enough kidda ,

Half the trouble with greenhorns is they dont know what bird they require to be sucessful , and most swap a family before they even had a chance to get to know them ....... It takes a man yrs and yrs to figure out how best to carry on a family .....

Duckwing

Edited by gamerooster

I only ever culled due to deformaties, illnesses and injuries, and i would 2 years ago i raised 20 stags to full maturity, and ended up with 14 left at the end of the winter, just as the came into there second year, which, i think 70% is not bad.

I never needed to cull for anything else, proven bloodlines.

so you got 100% success on all that passed the cull test? hmm.........

i mean 100% of birds passed laying trials....

Edited by gamerooster

Fcuking hell :icon_eek: it wouldn't be THL without an arguement over nowt, the man wanted something nice to look at, hopefully he's fixed up...the fella i bought my original fowl off (for £20 ironically) said they weren't good enough for showing...should they have just been culled? They may not have been 'good enough' for him, but to me they're the dogs bollocks :thumbs:

Gamerooster - not only does that post show you selling birds, but not only that - theyre not even yours! If thats not peddling...well...i dont know what is.

Something i think people forget is that not everybody wants to use their birds for the same reason. Duckwing stated a cull is a cull - but different people have different reasons to cull. Im not into all the large fowl at all, but i know lots of people that cull top class smaller stuff - because its not as good as the parents, who may be some of the best examples in that country. If you put the 'cull' birds into a show, they would probably clean up. People should be able to keep, sell, buy and breed whatever they want - as long as they do it responsibly. For me, selling fowl (fowl, meaning, all chickens, not just big orientals or americans, english etc!) to just anyone is irrisponsible, and like Duckwing said could end up smashed to peices from poor housing, or ill from poor keeping....but thats just because i care about my birds.

Gamerooster - not only does that post show you selling birds, but not only that - theyre not even yours! If thats not peddling...well...i dont know what is.

Something i think people forget is that not everybody wants to use their birds for the same reason. Duckwing stated a cull is a cull - but different people have different reasons to cull. Im not into all the large fowl at all, but i know lots of people that cull top class smaller stuff - because its not as good as the parents, who may be some of the best examples in that country. If you put the 'cull' birds into a show, they would probably clean up. People should be able to keep, sell, buy and breed whatever they want - as long as they do it responsibly. For me, selling fowl (fowl, meaning, all chickens, not just big orientals or americans, english etc!) to just anyone is irrisponsible, and like Duckwing said could end up smashed to peices from poor housing, or ill from poor keeping....but thats just because i care about my birds.

Edited by gamerooster