June 2013 THL Airgun Section Shooting Meet

Yes I know Rob, but there is nothing that I can do about it mate.

He is new into the job, keen to impress my Commanding Officer and so is doing everything by the book as he see's fit.

He is a deer shooter himself and is thinking about Winchester 308 ammo and not sub 12 air rifles I think. One of his comments when I said that we use the Sherwood brick walls (one of the hardest bricks there is) in the garages as back stops like last time was that he didn't want the bricks destroying and so wanted a hay bale behind every target to protect the bricks.

If you shot at Sherwood brick at PBR with a air rifle it wouldn't do anything ne mind between 8 and 45 yards.

The bricks were not touched at all last time and my old boss did ask after the last meet if we had shot against the wall as it was spotless.

Si.

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

i know a couple of lasses that like a spit roast...

Is everyone happy with the intended location of the raised funds?   I.E the scouts?   Si.

Camping will be on some of my permission not far from the club grounds as it stands and a fire and hunting is fine

Well , what can you say . To be honest , its a shame but seems the decision is made . I'm sure there will be more . At least I can give Davy earache now , as he was ribbing me about all the ones I've not come to . Good on you anyway Si . You go a lot further than most of us .

Yeah lads.

I need to have a talk to Davy and Chaz and see what we can come up with.

It may be that we can come up with something somewhere central to everyone.

It want be as warm or with the same facilities as Nottingham but it something.

Si.

He wants a Firearms Officer from the Military keeping an eye on us? How many of us are ex-military with years of service experience at JNCO/SNCO rank? And what about you Si, as a serving WO on that unit??

I thought officers like this arse were left behind in my day. Bet he's an over-promoted Admin desk wallah! I feckin' hate those creatures on a good day. Cowardly, by-the-book, piss on you behind your back and shake your hand from the front. They are the ones who laugh heartily at every crap, unfunny joke the CO makes! Hateful, spineless creatures you'll never see anywhere near a front line.

Deer shooter? Bet it's the only living thing he's ever pointed a rifle at! But hey, he must have a bad side too!

Clearly values and trusts the promises and advices of his Warrant Officer then!

Oh well Si. There'll be other venues to hold these meets but, that was a cracking set up there!

Simon

Edited to add.

So will this mean you won't be allowed to shoot and film there anymore mate?

Edited by pianoman
  • Like 1

Hi Simon,

I'm only allowed to shoot in the indoor range has he as stopped me shooting out side.

When me and Davy were there 2 weeks ago shooting at targets and calibrating springers out side against the brick walls as a backstop out the way of everyone we were reported by a female (witch) anti who works in the TA centre called Paula.

She cries if you step on a spider by mistake and is slightly mad by all accounts. Says that her 9 cats are all veggies like her :blink: WTF .

Anyway she phoned up 3 people there and said that she was in fear of her life and thought that me and Davy were going to turn the rifles on her and shoot her :censored: .

She said that there was 2 madmen in the TA centre running around with rifles. It caused a bit of a worry as you can imagine. Best thing about it was i had phoned up prior and informed them we were going there to shoot but no one informed her as they all know she is mad.

Best thing about it though was, she came down from her office looking for us to then accuse us, What a idiot. Why would you look for men with rifles if you were in fear of your life to then report them?

Anyway my new boss took her side even after another WO who was with us witnessed everything and told him what actually happened.

Last time I shot a magpie there she threatened to report me to the Sun and then took 2 weeks off work with stress WTF.

Si.

Edited by zini

I suppose it didn't help my case though when after her second visit to me and Davy causing trouble, I told her to p-ss off back up to her office and mind her own business :laugh: .

Si.

Edited by zini
  • Like 1

Si next time both you and her are working, go in with a woodcutters axe over your shoulder with the blade dripping with red nail varnish. See how fast she reports you then. How much longer have you got to go mate till your on civvi street with us normal folk.

Hi Si,

Seems the meek have inherited the Earth after all. They starve cats of essential meat, go insane at the thought of killing anything with fur or feathers and push pens for the MOD! When they aren't having time off in a fit of the vapours over the shooting of a Magpie!

I've just got off the phone, speaking to my landowner mates with a view to getting something organised for the Forum on my permissions. It's a 'No Sorry!' from them as there is an active shooting syndicate paying for their sport on the land and all the fields are arable crop-growing space which will be in full growing use. The paddock is too close to the nature reserve and the public have right of access to the woods there. They've tried to organise clay pigeon competition shoots in the past and the police have put the NO on that!

So it's not good from my end.

Ahh well, maybe there will be some other venue we can attend?

Best wishes mate.

Simon

What a pair of total twats :censored: It seems that the test subjects are indeed running the experiment :icon_eek:

Don't feel bad, Si. It's no way your fault and you should be proud of all the effort that you and all the others have put in. I may know a land owner who might be up for this but it would be tents in a field with no other facilities but it is a beautiful setting well away from anyone else. It's near Weatherby in West Yorkshire and only five minutes drive from the A1.

I'll have a word with him first chance I get and let you know what the score is :victory:

• Like 2

I can't imagine many farmers would turn down £300 for a weekend in a field, I'd ask my girlfriends dad if we could use one of his fields and woods but with having the syndicate shoot in them with the pens and feeders and it pretty much all being arable land I don't think he be let everybody.

But the only problem is that farmers can be funny with a lot of unknown people on there land.

I'd be happy with weatherby it's only an hour away from me

I hope Andy has some good luck here. If it's where I've shot with him before with the boys, it is indeed beautiful and the setting is quiet and out of the way of the likes of loony mad women and Captain Deer hunter!

Perfect for a forum meet. Have a good word with your landowner Andy! :thumbs:

Simon

What a pair of total twats :censored: It seems that the test subjects are indeed running the experiment :icon_eek:

Don't feel bad, Si. It's no way your fault and you should be proud of all the effort that you and all the others have put in. I may know a land owner who might be up for this but it would be tents in a field with no other facilities but it is a beautiful setting well away from anyone else. It's near Weatherby in West Yorkshire and only five minutes drive from the A1.

I'll have a word with him first chance I get and let you know what the score is :victory:

• Like 1